41. Secrets We Keep

Believe it or not, Agasthya has never been this hopeless in his entire life. The fact that Diya, the only person who can help him to escape from that hell is choosing not to do that seemed like the final needle in the coffin. He was holding on pretty tight but it wasn't getting any better.

He knew that Diya had her reasons. But still, he felt betrayed. That's why he paid no attention to the bright light that spread in his prison from that half-opened window.

Agasthya knew she was there. But this time they were strangers again.

"I want you to know that I am sorry that I can't help you Agasthya, I mean it..." Said Diya staring at Agasthya who was sitting still, not facing her.
"You have every right to hate me and I..."

"I don't hate you, Diya..." Agasthya cut her in the middle. His voice was too low and weak from all the crying.
"At this point, I don't hate anyone... Not even Varun, I guess... I just feel numb... That's all..."

Diya couldn't hold back her tears. He was losing it all... The hope, the will to live, the courage to fight... And she might be the reason.

"Family is family... Whatever happens, we just hold our loved ones close and forget about anything other than that. It's Ani bhaiya's theory so you don't have to apologize."

They both shared a moment of silence.

"I hope that you will forgive me..." Repeated Diya even after Agasthya's words. Somewhere in her heart, it felt like she was on the wrong side, but it was so hard to accept that.

Diya loved her brother-in-law. She can't even think about betraying him. She had to watch him break down into a thousand pieces after her sister's death.

They lost Neha in an accident. After that, nothing has been the same. Diya mourned her sister and she still misses her like anything but Varun's case was different. He was destroyed.

She still remembers the day when she found Varun unconscious in his room. He was rushed to the hospital and the doctors said it was a past traumatic response. She didn't understand the seriousness of Varun's trauma until she came to know his past through Agasthya.

Everyone he ever loved had to leave him... Fate broke him too hard that he became unbreakable. Now he seeks his revenge.

Diya didn't plan to share it all with Agasthya but ended up doing so.

"I just wish there was a way out of this mess without hurting anyone Agasthya..." She said. "But there is nothing for him to hold on to. No one can change him..."

"But he has you..." Exclaimed Agasthya blinking his eyes.

"What! I don't think I can change his mind..."

"Fate wasn't fair to any of us Diya... Neither me, you nor Varun. But it always leaves something there for you to hang on. A hand to hold or a heart to cherish. I lost my father but my brothers were there at the end of the tunnel. And maybe for you, it's your jiju and for Varun it's you..."

Agasthya's words left Diya stunned. She never thought that way. She knew Varun cares about her... Even when he was hospitalized for 3 months for therapy after Neha died, he made sure that Diya wasn't left alone and requested his foster parents to take care of her. They were good people and Mrs Brown treasured Diya as if she was their daughter, not as the sister-in-law of her foster son. After completing Varun's treatment period, she flew back to London with him from Canada and then to their current destination.

"I won't force you to help me, but I believe that you can be the change, Diya..." Agasthya whispered. "All of us have been through more than enough... We deserve to be rescued..."

And Then He Came  (ATHC)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara