14. The Grief (part-a)

"Agasthya..."

Aaryan again and again asked him but Agasthya remained silent. He stared at the floor instead of facing his brother.

Aaryan stepped back. From Agasthya's reaction he understood that it was a truth. Their father was murdered...

"Very nice Agasthya... You both made me a stupid... Neither you nor Anirudh believe me..."

"Aary bhaiya please... I love you... I believe you..."

"Yes of course..." Aaryan shook his head "That's why you masked this from me... Don't pretend to be innocent Agasthya... I gave you all freedom to share anything with me, I tried my best to make you one of us... And you paid back in a pretty good way..."

Agasthya was unable to correct Aaryan. What his brother said wasn't a lie. Aaryan gave him chance to open his mind, several times... But Agasthya preferred to keep it as a secret. He never thought that it will be revealed by himself in this way.

"It hurts... It really hurts when you realise that the most precious people in your life don't trust you... Am I that much useless, Agasthya?"

The torture and grief reflected in Aaryan's sound was deep... It made Agasthya regret. The damage he had made was irreversible.

"Sorry bhaiya... Sorry..."

Whispered Agasthya wiping Aaryan's tears. Then he hugged him.

Aaryan didn't hug him back and also didn't push him away. He was frozen. In his entire life he never felt this much hurt. Even though he acted as cool in front of Anirudh when the latter confessed about his lies, it was killing him from inside. Just after a moment he got the same experience from Agasthya also. It was enough for him.

"Bhaiya please... Don't hate me... Please..."

Agasthya pleaded. He was afraid to lose his brother, again.

Aaryan smiled in pain.

"For me, love and bonds are not a simple matter Agasthya... I can't hate you..."

Agasthya couldn't hold his sobs. He had thought about sharing everything with his brothers but Anirudh's avoidance made him feel doubt over that.

He waited for his eldest brother who hates him and ended up with hurting Aaryan, who loved him...

"I am sorry..." He repeated. He had nothing else to say.

"But you broke my trust, Agasthya..."

*******************

"Did you talk with him?"
Whispered Meghna to Anirudh while checking his bandages.

"No" Anirudh sighed. "I didn't get a chance..."

Then he turned his head towards his brothers. They were sitting touching each other but there was something unusual. Both were silent and gloomy.
They were roaming in distance even though they were physically close.

"We have to buy these medicines..." Said Meghna.

"I will go..."

Aaryan snatched the prescription from her hand and walked out of the room. He wished to escape from that suffocation.

Anirudh and Meghna narrowed their eyes on his sudden unexpected reaction.

"He usually stuck with me... "
Anirudh said. He couldn't digest anything.

Meghna smiled at Anirudh.

"Speak with Agasthya... Right now..."

"What? now!"