35. The Killer

Recap

It was the same kind of messages which he and Agasthya used to get.

One-liner... Written in dark blood red... Containing the cursed logo of F4 MEDICARE...

But the difference was... It was the one which came after that last one...
And... It was a statement, not a warning...

"I SAID IT... NOW, I DID IT..."

***************

Varun glared at the fire once again before throwing his Police ID card into it.  It's not essential for him anymore.

It was like finding himself, which he lost 18 years ago...

Recalling 'Varun Prathap Deshmukh' who was forcefully suppressed inside  'Varun Lewis Brown'.

With a smile, he walked into the woods.

"Still I have a few minutes..." He said to himself. His calculations were never wrong.

"I wish if I was near you, Anirudh... I would love to see your tears... Your pain... And your guilt, of course..."

He dialled Anirudh's number and his smile widened when he heard his broken lifeless voice on the other side.

"How does it feel? How does it feel when you lose your brother like this?"

Anirudh felt words being dead in his throat. But still, he couldn't believe that he lost his August...
"Who are you?"

"According to you, I am dead... But no, I am living a life that is not less than death..."

"What does that mean?"

"It's a riddle..." Varun laughed loudly.  "You will find it soon but before that..."

Sitting on his knees, Varun moved close to him. He could hear the loud but irregular heartbeats of that boy. The fear in his eyes boosted Varun's euphoria...

"Look at my face..."

Varun's hold was soo powerful that Agasthya felt his neck being crumbled. Every time he hit on Agasthya's wounds intentionally, he felt that...

"Your brothers think that you are no more..."

Agasthya's tears started to mix up with his blood and flow down slowly... He wished to cry aloud but failed miserably...

Anirudh could hear the gasping sound and that gave him a chill. It was Agasthya... He can realise that even from a million, no doubt...

"He is not dead, Anirudh..." Murmured Varun. "Not yet..."

With a heartbreaking sob, Anirudh fell on his knees. It was a rebirth for him.

"Please don't hurt him... August is not well... I beg you..."

"Your pleadings do no work Anirudh..."

"If you have any problem with me then sort it out directly... Why are you torturing my brother?"

"Nothing but it's the best way to torture you... No one knows that better than me..."

Anirudh sighed.
"Please leave him alone... I will give you anything you want... Please..."

"Will you?" Whispered Varun.
"Then give me back my family... My father, my mother, my siblings... Give me back my happiness, ruined by your father Rajeev Thakur..."

"No... It can't be true..." Gasped Anirudh.

"But it is... Me, Varun Prathap Deshmukh,  eldest son of Prathap and Aditi still alive..." Varun roared. "And it's the time for my revenge... You have to pay for each and everything your father had done for us..."