47. I Don't Forgive

"Agasthya..."

Agasthya blinked his eyes only to close them back.

"Agasthya... You are awake..."

Anirudh glanced at the doctor worriedly. It has been 5 days since they admitted Agasthya to the hospital and this was the first time he gained consciousness.

"Agasthya... Why don't you take a look at your brothers? They have been waiting to meet you for a very long time..."

Agasthya tried his best to do what he was told to. His eyelids felt very heavy. He was too tired to focus and his vision was blurred.

"You can do it..." The doctor encouraged him while Anirudh and Aaryan stood there restless.

After struggling for some time Agasthya opened his eyes wide. He stared at the middle-aged man standing in front of him.

"I am your doctor and I must say you have been a brave boy. Now it's time to meet your brothers."

Agasthya turned his head to the left side slightly.

"Do you recognize them?"

Aaryan smiled tightly as Agasthya nodded his head.

"Can you tell me who they are?"

Agasthya gulped. His throat and lips felt so dry. He inhaled through his mouth hoping that his vocal cords would make some noise when he spoke.

"Bh... Bhaiya..."

"Great job, Agasthya..." The doctor said smiling.

"Now that he is awake and stable I will allow some alone time. But don't stress him out."

Anirudh thanked the doctor while Aaryan moved close to Agasthya and sat beside him.

"August... How are you feeling right now?"

Agasthya's blank gaze ached Aryan's heart but he didn't give up.

"You don't have to talk if you are tired, baby... But let me just tell you that I am here and you are alright..."

Agasthya looked at the white ceiling trying to get some more sleep. This kind of dream is getting him nowhere so it's better to ignore the mirage.

"What should we do?"
Aaryan whispered to Anirudh as tears made their way through his face.

Anirudh picked up Aaryan's palm and placed them over Agasthya's.
"Let him feel you..."

A cold shiver passed through Agasthya's spine. No matter how hard he tried he was never able to touch his brothers in his dreams... What does that mean?

"It's real August..." Said Anirudh as he made eye contact with his youngest brother after 15 long days.

Agasthya's eyes welled up with tears as he shook his head in disbelief. His whole body was in pain and now his head also started to hurt. He held Aaryan's hand so tight that his muscles started to tense up.

"Hey... It's okay August..." whispered Anirudh placing a kiss on Agasthya's forehead without touching his bandages.
"Relax baby... I love you so much and I am proud of you..."