Sliding my hands over the firm chest, I continued a languid path over the abdomen. Sliding the hair off my shoulder, Anzide kissed his way over my jaw and neck as my hands kept going. He groaned, and I could feel the smile against my skin.

Anzide lifted my hands to his shoulder, then raised my legs to wrap them around his waist. Then he pressed himself against me. I groaned at the pressure from the delectable sensations of our bodies. A teasing and playful dance had begun not just between our bodies but in our kisses. The intense embrace endured and with every movement he made, sparks began firing deep inside of me.

Lifting me from the wall, Anzide turned to the bed. With a flick of his hand, the duvet was pulled back. The scent of fresh linen hit me as Anzide lowered me against the sheets. I didn't feel a thing, too preoccupied with other sensations, but Anzide had unhooked my bra. I gasped when he reached the base of my neck, the fingers traced over the hardened skin as he pulled the bra away. It was flicked over his shoulder with reckless abandon, and when I lifted my head from the mattress, I saw the sinful smirk as he licked the skin.

Anzide knelt between my legs, lifting them to his chest. It glistened from the heat that was growing in the room.

"Open a window. It's hot."

"Won't make much of a difference. It's always hot here."

Dragging my panties over my legs, Anzide cast them away and then stood from the bed. He pulled a remote from the wall and cranked up the air conditioning. It was an outdated window rattler, but it was better than nothing. At least there was airflow now.

Returning to his position between my legs, Anzide lowered and kissed my stomach. He didn't say anything about the baby, which I thought he might have.

My body bucked from the first touch, already anticipating an incredible orgasm. We might be new at this, but it was always amazing. It gave me hope that as the days and months became years, we would nurture our love and find all forms of happiness in our times together.

He taunted with a delicate touch before slowly delving deeper. With a devious grin plastered on his face, Anzide began what I'd come to describe as divine torture. He took his time, extracting as much ecstasy as he could manage.

My breathing was rough as the blood pulsed through my veins, and my heart raced. A meek moan escaped when I looked up and saw the smirk on his wicked lips. He was making a meal out of me and enjoying every single moment. My brows knitted tight as pleasure sparked. Watching Anzide was always a dangerous thing to do.

The amusement in his eyes told me he was enjoying every second and that he welcomed making me a quivering mess.

In the sultry heat of the room, I gripped the linen as the pleasure grew. My body writhed with every movement of his lips and tongue. The bed was a mess, balled up white linen in my tight grip as the ecstasy finally broke. My body arched off the bed, and I groaned loudly, something that I found to be incredibly cathartic.

As Anzide kissed his way over my body, I shivered. The tender touch, coupled with the close proximity of his body, created an intense sensation that jolted throughout me.

Gripping me under my ear, Anzide lifted me a fraction for a kiss that could only be described as potent. He was intoxicating, and I craved more of him. The demanding embrace was like nothing we'd shared before.

It made me realize that our life in the caravan was crushing us as a couple. We had to get out of the place before it caused lasting damage. It was clear that returning to this place was necessary, even if it was just for a moment alone.

I didn't want to be obsessed or dismissive of the time I spent with my family, but if this relationship was going to last, it had to be strong in every single aspect. The other side of this coin was that we weren't the only ones that needed time alone. It had been over sixty years since Beatrice saw Niko, and as much as they had time alone together, I knew that there was a difference between being the only ones in the lounge area and being completely alone.

Then there was Brad. He was forging a new relationship with Nora. It was a time where they would be trying to figure things out, getting to know each other, and ensuring that the dynamic grew to something that would sustain an eternity.

So yes, coming here might have its advantages.

Anzide shifted onto his side next to me. I rolled onto my side, smoothing my hands over his ribs and onto his back. The warmth of the room was creating far too much heat, and the air conditioning unit was useless.

As we returned to the ardent embrace, I thought about the looming winter in Hades. I couldn't wait for it to snow.

Anzide hissed, moving away from me with a mighty frown.

"Your hands are like ice. What's going on?"

He turned to the window, the frown deepening. Getting up from the bed, Anzide pulled his pants on and moved to the window. Carefully, he pulled the material aside to ensure that no one saw the naked woman on the bed.

The frown fell away, replaced with shock, as he turned to look at me.

"Uh, it's snowing out there."

My lips pressed tight as I smiled.

"And your hands are like ice. Did you do something?"

"Oops."

Anzide chuckled.

"Oops is right. It never snows in the land of the outcasts."

"Well, it was too hot. I can't enjoy our time alone if I'm too busy thinking about dehydration from sweating too much."

"Okay, frosty. You need to warm your hands up, or you are getting a pair of gloves to wear."

Picking up the remote, I turned off the window rattler.

"Open a window and get under the blanket with me. We can snuggle in a different kind of warmth."

With an intrigued hum, Anzide obliged my request. A soft breeze floated through the window, bringing in snow and leaves. Pulling the duvet over the bed, I held it up with a growing need to continue what we started.

Anzide took my hand, feeling the warmth return to my fingers.

"I am in awe of you," he whispered. "You just randomly thought that it was too hot, and now it's snowing outside?"

I shrugged. Anzide smirked as he kissed the fingers.

"You'll have them wetting their pants in fear."

"Good. You might think that it's okay to live in a rundown city, but I don't."

He chuckled as he moved closer to me. Frowning, Anzide looked down.

"Well, this has never been a problem before. Will it be uncomfortable if we continue in this position?"

"Probably."

Anzide grinned, biting his bottom lip. Shifting, he laid on his back and waited. The devious grin grew as he helped me sit up.

"Okay, now I'm too cold."

Getting up, I closed the window. Anzide leaned on his elbows, watching me with amusement. As I climbed under the duvet, Anzide and I looked at each other and giggled. Our time alone was not meant to be this unsettled and such a mood killer, but it was fine. We had a long life together and it was only going to get better as the years passed by.