The War

Gajeel, Lily, Mira, Elfman, Lisanna, Juvia, and Cana all wait as Candy says her goodbyes to Sting, Rogue, and Lily-Rose. She plants a kiss on Lily-Rose’s head, “I’m having second thoughts.” Sting and Rogue chuckle, “You’ll be fine. And so will we, don’t worry. We’re going to head back to Sabertooth once you’ve gone.” Rogue says, and Sting nods, “Yeah. I’ve decided that they all need to know of everything that’s going on. My instincts are telling me that whatever is about to happen isn’t just going to involve Fairy Tail. Everyone will have a part to play, and Sabertooth needs to be ready.” Candy nods, agreeing with Sting, “I agree. Just make sure you keep Rose away from knives, please.” They both laugh at her words, and Sting smiles, “Yeah. We will. Love you.” He leans down, kissing her. She kisses Rogue as well, and with one last hug for each of them, she turns around and heads to the group, telling them she’s ready to go.

After a while of traveling, they’re out in the forest, heading in the direction of Blue Pegasus. The others have no idea where the Thunder Legion is. Elfman speaks up, “So you’re positive that Laxus is all the way out here?” Gajeel smirks, “Yup. According to my sources, we should find him and his toadies.” Elfman looks shocked, “Wait, the Thunder Legion?” Cana smirks, “We know you came with us to track down Evergreen.” Elfman glares at Cana and Juvia starts complaining about being separated from Gray, Lisanna trying to comfort her. “What did I do to get stuck on this team anyway?” “It’s not some kind of punishment. Gray and the others just went off without us.” Mira thinks about Lisanna’s words, “Yeah. But I wonder if it was necessary for us to split up into teams.” Lily then speaks up, “They took on a mission to infiltrate the enemy, correct? That’s exactly what they should’ve done. After all, we would be completely outclassed in a fight with Alvarez. There’d be no chance of us even walking away from it.” The others all look at Lily, completely bewildered. Gajeel has a serious look on his face, “That’s true. And I doubt an infiltration mission will fare much better.” Candy sighs, and looks at the ground, “Master Makarov himself felt the only way to protect the guild was to beg for mercy. Honestly, it’s insane when you think about how powerful they are.” A familiar voice speaks from behind the group, “Realistically speaking, the odds of either option working are close to ‘no’.” Everyone faces the voice, and sees Levy walking up to them all, “That’s the whole reason for doing this in separate teams. To tip those odds a little more in our favor. You see?” She suddenly glares up at Gajeel, “So do you wanna explain why you left without me?” Gajeel starts digging through his bag, “Huh. You’re just so tiny, that I assumed you must’ve been stowing away in my bag! That was my mistake, sorry.” Levy gives him an annoyed look, and Candy covers her mouth, trying not to laugh. Levy starts hitting him, “Jeez! Stupid metal brained jerk!” She continues to insult him as he just smirks down at her, and Juvia leans over to the other girls in the group, “Are they flirting with each other?” Cana smirks and leans over to Juvia, “Well if you’re lonely, I can throw some attention your way.” Juvia smiles nervously, “Thank you. But I’ll be fine!” Levy finishes with her fit, and stops hitting Gajeel, turning to face the rest of us, “Seriously you guys. This enemy’s different. They’re super dangerous.” Candy starts thinking to herself, “I could’ve sworn I’ve heard the name Alvarez recently, but I can’t remember exactly when.” She suddenly widens her eyes as she remembers what Mavis had told her. About how Zeref had spent some time building an extremely powerful empire in Alikitasia, known as the Alvarez Empire. She gasps, and thinks of the name of their emperor. She turns to Levy, “Levy, can you translate something to english for me?” She gives her a confused look, and smiles, “Yeah, I can try.” “What does Spriggan translate to in English?” Levy grows even more confused and says, “I’m pretty sure it means ‘Ugly Fairy’. Why do you ask?” Candy sighs, looking at the ground, “I could be wrong, but I think I know who the emperor is in the Alvarez Empire.” Everyone listens intently, now extremely curious as Candy has a serious look on her face, “And if I’m right about this, it means Makarov is in a lot more danger than I thought. I think Emperor Spriggan is actually Zeref.” Everyone gasps, widening their eyes in shock, and Mira steps forward, “But how can you be sure?” Candy closes her eyes, wondering if she should really tell them what she’s about to tell them, “I know a lot more than you think I do. Master Mavis told me about her past, and an encounter she had with Zeref when she was alive. She had found out that he had spent his time in Alikitasia, building an empire that he considers to be a big pawn in a never ending game.” The others listen in shock, surprised that she knows this. “Then if Zeref is the Emperor Master Makarov went to speak to, he’s definitely in danger.” Cana says, and the others nod, and Gajeel closes his eyes, understanding why Laxus was so desperate to know where Makarov was. He must’ve sensed something was wrong. “Well, guess that means we need to walk faster.”