The Past and The Future

Third POV:
Everyone is cheering extremely loudly, completely blown away by the fact that Natsu beat the twins. Gray, Erza, and Laxus are smiling, excited, when Laxus suddenly freezes up. The other two turn to him, confused, “You okay?” Gray asks. Laxus furrows his eyebrows, also confused. “I don’t know. I just suddenly got a bad feeling.” Erza gives him a questioning look, “What kind of feeling?” “The kind that I would get if someone in the Thunder Legion was in danger. But Freed and Bickslow are with the rest of the guild. And Evergreen is in the infirmary with Elfman.” Erza then wonders out loud, “What about Candy?” A look of realization crosses Laxus’ face and he says, “Maybe. I was under the impression that connection was severed by her injury.” The three of them look over at Sabertooth’s balcony, and notice that Minerva is walking back up to the balcony, a huge smirk on her face. Candy is nowhere to be found. “That’s not suspicious at all.” Gray says, and suddenly all three of them feel uneasy as Minerva looks directly at them, an evil smile on her face. Erza remembers Candy’s words in the infirmary, “However I do know that she’s basically a sadist. She enjoys seeing others in pain, and would often use that as a way to teach the members of Sabertooth how to ‘behave’.” Erza doesn’t look away from Minerva, and says, “Laxus. Just to be safe, go make sure the other members of the Thunder Legion are okay. We have no way of communicating with Candy to find out if she’s actually in danger, so let’s hope it’s not her.” Laxus nods and leaves to go check in with the others. He makes it to where the rest of Fairy Tail is and walks up to Freed and Bickslow, noticing that they’re celebrating happily with the rest of the guild. Freed notices Laxus and says, “Laxus! What are you doing here?” The others notice Laxus’ presence and listen in, “I was just making sure everything was okay. I just got an unsettling feeling that something was wrong.” Freed and Bickslow nod, “I felt that too, but decided to ignore it.” Freed says. Bickslow nods in agreement. Makarov then asks, “What does it mean?” The three of them turn to him and say, “It means someone in the Thunder Legion is in danger, and it’s none of us. Evergreen is in the infirmary, celebrating with the others about the victory. I was just there.” Freed says. Laxus sighs and says, “Then it is Candy. What the hell did that bitch do?” The others look at him, confused. “Who are you referring to?” Mira asks, and Laxus says, “The broad that beat up Lucy. She just gave us this look. And now that I know that everyone else in the legion is okay, I’m starting to think she did something.” Cana then angrily says, “Like what? What would her goal be with hurting Candy?” The First Master, Mavis then speaks up, “Well, you said Candy was close with the twin dragons right?” They nod at her and she continues, “She probably took Candy as some form of punishment for embarrassing Sabertooth. Candy herself did say that Minerva would do things like that when members of the guild messed up.” Makarov nods and says, “We won’t know for certain until we can find a way to speak with her. For now, le’ts celebrate this victory and our newly found place in First Place!” The others nod, smiling, but the Thunder Legion is now too worried to celebrate anything.

Elsewhere, in the infirmary for Sabertooth, Lector and Frosch are the only ones waiting by Sting and Rogue’s sides, waiting for them to wake up. Sting and Rogue both stir from their unconscious state at the same time as they wake up. “Rogue!” “Sting!” They sit up in their beds, and Rogue hugs Frosch while Sting hugs Lector. “I’m sorry Lector. I broke my promise.” Lector shakes his head, “It’s okay. You still fought awesomely!” Sting chuckles at his words and Rogue is slightly more comforted by Frosch’s presence. He looks up and asks, “Where’s Candy?” Lector turns to him, “We thought she was going to you guys. She disappeared a little bit ago.” “What?!” Sting shouts, worried. Rogue sighs and says, “Calm down. I’m sure she’s okay. She may be talking to some of the members of Fairy Tail, congratulating them.” He smiles warmly at Sting and Sting relaxes, “Yeah. She never could say no to any of them, could she?” He chuckles and they all sit there, silently preparing themselves for the thrashing Master Jiema is about to give them.