The Love of Parents

After Happy’s outburst, Nadi and Michiya look at him, frozen in place, not expecting him to snap at them like that. Happy grabs Carla and Rosie’s paws and says, “Come on you guys, we’re leaving!” The three start running away. Happy just keeps shouting, “Let them come after us, I’m never gonna abandon my friends!” Nadi leans over to Michiya, “Have they gone mad?” Michiya looks up at him like he made a decision, then says, “The fallen angels, otherwise known as fallens.” Nadi continues to mutter utter nonsense, “I see they’ve been taken by the abominable essence of Earthland and lost their divinity.” Michiya starts bawling, like this is the most tragic thing ever. “MEOW!!! Royal guard!! Hunt them down!!” “Two fallens are on the loose in the city!”

Back with the dragon slayers, still in the cell. The three of them have been quiet the whole time, unable to speak. Candy has been deep in thought, wishing she could just run up to the Thunder Legion and give them a big hug, and they’d say all of the things they say to comfort her. But she can’t, they’re stuck in a lacrima, and she’s stuck in a cell, without her best friend. She doesn’t even know where Rosie is right now. Natsu is the first one to break the silence, “I don’t believe it. Happy would never turn his back on us. That’s just impossible.” Wendy looks up at him, as he attempts to break through the cell bars. She’s about to say something when she hears a sniffle from beside her, “Candy?” She turns to face Candy and sees she’s crying. She crawls over to her and puts a hand on her shoulder. “Hey, I know things are looking down, but we’ll get out of this. I don’t even think Rosie knew about this mission.” Natsu turns to face them, and upon seeing that Candy is crying, he says, “Those jerks made Candy cry?! I swear I’m gonna kill them!” Candy lets out a sad chuckle at this, catching Natsu and Wendy’s attention, “That’s exactly the kind of thing Laxus would say.” Natsu is caught off guard by this, and he looks at her curiously. “He was always so protective of me. They all are. They’re like the big siblings I never had. When I woke up from my coma, I saw the way Freed and Bickslow looked at me, as if I had just scared the shit out of them. And I had. I never even got to speak to or see Laxus again. And now, the thought that I might never see the Thunder Legion again?” She pauses for a moment, the other two staying silent, “I’m terrified.” She says, tears rolling farther down her face. Wendy and Natsu sigh, both understanding why she’s scared. She’s never been separated from the Thunder Legion before. Yeah, she’s had solo parts on their jobs, but the Thunder Legion was always right there, ready to be there when she called. That’s not an option this time. Natsu walks up to her, puts his hand on her head and ruffles her hair, “I swear to you, you’re going to see them again Candy. I won’t stop until we get our friends back. None of us will. These Edolas freaks are gonna pay for what they’ve done.” He puts his forehead to her forehead and she tears up at his words, not expecting to get this kind of comfort from Natsu. Wendy smiles at their interaction. Candy suddenly jumps up and hugs Natsu, wrapping her arms around his neck. He’s shocked by her sudden movement, but he hugs her back. “Thank you Natsu. I needed that.” He smiles and says, “No problem.” Wendy walks over and joins the hug. They all stay like that for a little while, all needing comfort from each other. Eventually, they are all startled by the cell’s doors being opened, and the same purple haired man, Hughes, standing there, a huge smirk on his face. He has four guards behind him. “How touching. Saying your last goodbyes?” He says, laughing. Natsu gets pissed and tries to run at him and punch him, but one of the guards catch him off guard and knock him out. “Natsu!!” Candy and Wendy shout at the same time. Candy stands in front of Wendy protectively. The guards walk in and Candy tries to fight back, but since she’s used to having her magic to help her, her hits don’t cause much damage. They knock both her and Wendy out and the guards carry them to where Biro told them to be taken to. Biro is one of the King’s advisers, and he’s also an annoying little troll. However, he is smart, and loyal to the King of Edolas. The three dragon slayers are taken to a cave-like place in the castle, three large boulders with chains on them await the dragon slayers. They’re chained up to the boulders, the chains on Candy having the white gooey stuff that blocks her magic. Biro awaits them, snickering as they’re chained up. He’s standing next to a thing that looks a lot like a vacuum, but instead, it’s specifically for sucking up magic. Hughes stands next to Biro, looking like he’s ready to see how this happens when Biro instructs him, “Go wait for your new orders from our King with the other Captains. From what I understand, the King requires the presence of his entire military force.” Hughes looks at him shocked and frustrated, but he leaves without saying a word. Biro snickers again and says, “This may hurt a little.” Then he powers up the magic vacuum, and directs it at Natsu.