A Huge Step

Freed's POV:
We all watch in horror as Candy's magic consumes her, and she suddenly transforms into this beast. She has horns growing out of her head, and a dragon tail swinging behind her. Her teeth grow impossibly sharp, and her eyes are void of any personality at all. “There's no way…..is she really…..” I mutter, unable to speak. Master Mavis from next to Master Makarov speaks in awe, “She's the Queen of the Dragons! I didn't know the Queen of the Dragons used to be a member of Fairy Tail!” Master Makarov then says, “Neither did we. But it all makes sense now! The prophecies, her ability to connect with the other dragon slayers, and her uncanny power!” Then, Evergreen speaks up next to me, “This is why Acnologia considers her a threat! Because she has the power to defeat him!” Bickslow then says, “Uh, guys! I get that you're all impressed, but this is all bad news for Erza!” We all realize he's right, and watch in horror as Candy completely destroys Erza like she's the weakest person in the world.

Lucy's POV:
None of us say anything, we don't know what to say. “I've never seen Erza beaten so badly! I don't think I can watch this…” Wendy says, on the verge of tears. I hug her, and notice that Natsu is unusually quiet, “Natsu? Are you okay?” He growls silently, and suddenly bursts out, “CANDY!! DID YOU FORGET?! I MADE A PROMISE TO YOU AND I INTEND TO KEEP IT!” Candy is about to hit Erza again, but she suddenly stops in her tracks. I look over to see the members of Sabertooth suddenly looking terrified.  Candy looks up at Natsu, dropping Erza to the ground. “You made a promise to Candy of Fairy Tail. The girl that was a member of the Thunder Legion. And I thought I made it very clear that I AM NOT HER!” She suddenly ripped the skirt on her dress, and reveals her right leg to everyone. Our eyes widen in horror at what's there, and I cover my mouth with my hands. On the outside of her right calf, where her Lightning Bolt Mark used to be, is a huge scar that digs deep into her leg. You can see a few of the remnants of her Lightning Bolt, but most of it is gone because of the scar. Natsu gets extremely angry, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to Laxus and the Thunder Legion.

Laxus’ POV:
My blood boils inside me as I stare at the state of Candy's leg. Who the hell did this to her?! That Lightning Bolt was more than just a tattoo, it's how the Thunder Legion stays connected to each other! If one of us was in trouble, we would signal to the other's through the Lightning Bolt. She continues to speak, “Acnologia wanted to prove to me that I was alone before he killed me. So he carved my Lightning Bolt tattoo out of my leg, and then he forced me to watch as he killed Rosie. Right in front of me...and I couldn't do anything about it. Our connection is gone! So stop trying to get close to me again! Please…..” She's crying now. My anger dissipates as she cries, and now I want nothing more than to comfort her. Erza suddenly stands up, and hugs her, shocking Candy. “You were alone then, but you're not alone now! I promise you, if you just hear us out, we can help you face off against him. You don't have to be alone in this.” Candy looks like she's about to hug Erza back, but she looks up into the stands and suddenly pushes Erza away. “I can't. I'm sorry, but I'm not the girl you once knew. I couldn't care less what happens to Fairy Tail anymore. I joined Sabertooth because they can help me destroy Acnologia. They're strong enough. Sabertooth never loses a fight, and I'm sorry I baited you.” Erza looks at her in confusion, but Candy punches her in the stomach, knocking her out. She falls to the ground unconscious, and Sabertooth fans in the audience cheer. Those of us in Fairy Tail watch in silent shock, not knowing what to say. Mirajane turns to me, “Are you okay, Laxus?” The others on the B team turn to me, but I don't answer them. I turn around and walk out, not saying a word. I need to punch something.

Third POV:
Later that night, the Fairy Tail wizards are at the pub, but they're not celebrating, nor are they drinking happily. They're only drinking to drown their sorrows, no one saying anything. That is until Natsu speaks up, “Argh! I can't stand this anymore! I'm storming Sabertooth!” Lucy looks at him like he's an idiot, “That won't get us anywhere!” Natsu faces her, “I don't care! If anything, Candy has to answer for what she did to Erza!”  Makarov then speaks, “She's already answering for it.” Everyone in the guild turns to him, confused. “What do you mean by that?” Gray asks him. Master Mavis then speaks up from next to him, “It's obvious Candy didn't want to hurt Erza once she realized what she was doing. However, she had no choice. I'm assuming she's scared of Master Jiema, the master of Sabertooth. Our words reached her, trust me. She just couldn't let it show in front of the whole world.” The others take her words in, shocked. Then Lucy says, “She blames herself for what happened on Tenrou Island.” Freedom turns to her, shocked. “What?! Why would she do that?” Lucy looks up at him, a sad expression on her face. “Apparently Acnologia has been hunting her this whole time. I think she's scared he's going to attack Fairy Tail again in an attempt to get her to come to him.” Laxus then speaks up, shocking everyone, “I swear to whatever gods exist in this world, I'm going to kill that bastard!” “Get in line.” Cana says. “How is Erza doing?” Mira asks, and Wendy smiles at her, “She's doing okay. Candy didn't hurt her as bad as we thought. She should be fine by tomorrow.” Everyone seems a bit more relieved by that, but not entirely calmed down. Suddenly, there's a knock at the door and everyone looks in confusion. Who knocks at the door to a pub? The door opens, and a hooded woman walks in. She closes the door and takes her hood off to reveal that it's Candy! Everyone looks at her in shock and she looks around at everyone, guilt all over her face. “How much damage did I do?” She asks, and Makarov says, “Don't worry. Erza is okay. She'll be fully recovered by tomorrow.” Candy shakes her head, looking at the ground absently. “No I mean……how much damage did I do by leaving?” They all look at her in shock, and Laxus decides to speak up. “I should be the one asking you that.” He walks up to her, and she remains where she is. “I've been meaning to say this for a long time. I'm sorry.” Candy trues to hold back her tears as Laxus continues, “I shouldn't have left you alone like that. I should've at least kept in touch.” She shames her head, “It doesn't matter now. I shouldn't even be here right now.” “But you are. Stay with us for a little while, please?” Evergreen says, grabbing her hand. Candy looks at her as a tear falls down her face. Evergreen smiles at her, “Your hair is finally as long ad you've always wanted.” Candy suddenly laughs, “Of all the things you could say, you choose to comment on my hair?” Evergreen laughs with her, “Yeah. Pretty silly, huh?” They smile and hug each other, both of them crying. The others in the guild are smiling at the two of them, happy to see the reunion. Candy hugs Freed and Bickslow too, the two men eagerly hugging her back. She then hugs Laxus, something she's wanted to do for a long time. He hugs her back, “I missed ya, kiddo.” She chuckles lightly, “I missed you too you big dummy.”