The Prophecy?

When we finally make it to Clover, we head straight for a hotel to check in and get our rooms. Green and I get a room and Bickslow and Freed get a room. We head up there to drop our stuff off and head to go meet the people that hired us. We arrive at the address on the job flier and knock on the door. A middle-aged man comes to the door and smiles when he sees us, immediately knowing we're the wizards that answered his flier. "Oh you must be the Thunder Legion! Please come in." He moves out of the way for us to enter the house. When we do, the first thing I notice is a woman standing by the fireplace, looking curiously at us as we enter the house. She's also middle-aged from what I can tell, however she's so beautiful she looks like she could be in her late 20's early 30's. I smile at her and she returns the gesture, and motions for me to sit on the couch. I gladly sit along with Freed, while Green and Bickslow remain standing. The woman and man both sit down on the couch opposite us and the man starts to speak. "Thank you for coming, my name is Cody. This is my wife, Bridget. We're the only ones who wanted to reach out to a guild for help. We've tried asking the Magic Council for help, but they have too many problems that take priority over us. We had nowhere else to turn to." Cody looks slightly hopeless as he explains to us what's been happening and repeatedly thanking us for coming to help them. Bridget then speaks up after a while of being quite, "Have you guys ever dealt with a dark guild before?" I look at her warmly and nod saying, "Yes we have ma'am. It's a lot more common than you may think for dark guilds to start causing trouble for innocent civilians. We know what we're doing." She looks a lot more relieved and comforted by my words and sits back a bit more. Cody and Bridget tell us what they know about the guild, which unfortunately isn't much.

After leaving their house, we started discussing how we would handle this. There's one piece of information that we don't know about them that we usually always figure out immediately. What is their goal. We already know where their guild is and an estimate of how many are in it, however we don't know exactly why they're doing what they're doing. It's probably just one of the usual reasons thought, like "if the council wants to ignore us then we'll make them listen!" kind of thing. After discussing it, we agree to hit them when night falls. It's currently midday so we have some time until then. "I'm a bit hungry, what about you guys?" Bickslow asks us. I could definitely go for some beef right now. "I'm starving! I'll come with." I say to him. Freed gestures in the direction where the hotel is, "I'm going to head back to the hotel and get some rest before our little siege tonight." That's boring. Evergreen then points at Freed and says, "I need to head back there as well. This hair is not cooperating with me." We all head our separate ways, and Bickslow, Rosie, and I head to the nearest restaurant we can find. Once we get there a waitress takes us to a table and gives us our menus. "So, be honest with me, what's bothering you?" I look up from my menu and see Bickslow hasn't even picked his up and he's looking at me expectantly. "What?" I blurt out. "You've been quiet this whole time. Candy Bane isn't quiet. I may not be as smart as Freed, but I can tell when my friends are acting weird." I sigh and put my menu down while Rosie just sits quietly and observes. "I don't know, I'm trying not to overthink this but something about this guild just gives me this unsettled feeling. I don't know why, but it bothers me that we don't know their goal." He nods his head and says, "Well they are a dark guild Candy. It's probably just them being dark that worries you. These guys usually don't have very big agendas other than 'notice me'." He makes quotation movements with his hands which makes me chuckle slightly. "Yeah you're probably right. I guess all questions will be answered later." He smirks and says, "Hell yeah they will! 'Cuz we're the Thunder Legion Babies!!!" He does his signature thing where he sticks his tongue out, showing his guild mark. His 'babies' repeat what he said in their much more high pitched voice. This makes me smile and I join in with my own fun hand motion that most rock band players use.

Later that night we all meet up outside the guild hall that belongs to the dark guild. Freed makes an enchantment for exploding on their doors and we bust in. There are already men on us, throwing attacks our way. I immediately remember my defense lessons with Laxus and use the earth aspect of my magic to put up a wall between me and the man coming at me. Then when he rounds the wall, I catch him off guard and attack him with a "Water Slicer!" Catching him off guard and knocking him out. We continue fighting for a while until the master of the guild comes out of nowhere and heads for Freed. I notice this and jump at the man, reeling my fist back, "White Nebula!!" This is a brightness spell that blinds him temporarily and Freed has the opening to attack him. He's disoriented by this and backs up to stand alongside the rest of his guild. We all stand and stare at them, until one of them speaks up, "That's the Thunder Legion!!" This is normal for people to be shocked by us. What isn't normal is this, "That's the Elemental Dragon Slayer I told you about Master! She's the Beast that was Promised!" Beast that was Promised? The guild master looks shocked and stares at me in disbelief. "You're Candy Bane? The Elemental Dragon Slayer?" he asks me. I hesitantly nod at him, still confused as to how he knows me. He then suddenly looks terrified and gets down on his knees with his hands up and his eyes looking at the ground, his guild following in his steps behind him. "We surrender. Just please forgive us!" I still don't understand what's going on, and neither does the rest of the legion. They all just look at me with confusion.

My Light and My Darknessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें