Please Be Okay

Freed’s POV:
I look over at Candy to see if she’s alright after that throw back, only to see her hit her head on the wall behind her really hard, and then fall to the ground. “Candy!!” Levy and Gajeel are the only ones to hear me shout her name, seeing as Laxus and Natsu started fighting in the air. The three of us run over to her to see if she’s okay, only to find her lying unconscious on the floor. Fear floods through my veins as I lift her head gently, while Levy checks her over for any other wounds other than her head injury. Gajeel stands a bit away, this time, prepared to protect us from any more backlashes from Natsu and Laxus’ fight. “She’s got a bruise on her ribs, but other than that her head injury is the most worrisome.” I nod at her as I keep hold of her head, trying to keep any more harm from coming to her. Levy puts her hand on my shoulder and says, “Hey, Freed. She’s alive okay? That’s what matters.” I’m assuming I have a worried look on my face, and that’s why she’s trying to comfort me. I’m not focusing on that right now though. I’m more worried about Candy. “She’s only 13. We could’ve at least tried to get her out of this before it was too late, but we didn’t.” I say, more so to myself than anyone, my voice full of regret. Levy gives me a look that makes it seem like she wants to comfort me but she doesn’t. Instead, she says, “Come on, we need to get her to the infirmary. Ms. Porlyusica is there taking care of Master Makarov. She’ll know how to help her.” I nod at her as I pick her up, bridal style, while Levy keeps a hold on her head. “You two head back to the guild hall, I’ll stay here and help out Salamander. I still owe Laxus a punch or two.” Gajeel says to us while looking at the fight happening above us. We nod and start to head back to the guild when a yell from Laxus distracts us. “Face it already! It’s over!!!” They’re both on the roof of the church. “Natsu!!” Levy shouts. “Why won’t you just give up the fight? The guild doesn’t belong to you. It never will!!” Natsu yells at Laxus. Laxus just counters with, “Oh yeah?!” Then he sends one of his secret art attacks at Natsu, leaving him lying on the roof, face down. “Didn’t the old man ever teach you to respect your elders, boy?” Laxus says, glaring down at Natsu in an intimidating way. Natsu just punches the roof he was previously lying down on, and unsteadily stands up. I’m surprised he’s even able to move after that attack. “No way, he can still fight?” I ask, surprised. Levy, worried for Natsu, says, “Natsu please, be careful.” Laxus, almost like he’s motivated by Natsu still standing, says, “That was your last mistake kid! Now I’m going to OBLITERATE YOU!!!!” He then raises his hands above his head, and a magic circle appears above his hands. No, I know what spell that is. “That spell, DON’T DO IT!! THAT MUCH MAGIC ENERGY COULD KILL HIM!!!” I try to stop Laxus, but it’s too late, he’s already throwing the attack Natsu’s way. “NATSU!!!!!” Suddenly, the spell bends away from Natsu and heads straight in Gajeel’s direction. His arm has turned into a metal rod and the lightning heads straight to it. “Gajeel!!” Levy shouts, surprised. I’m surprised too. “Did he use himself as a lightning rod?!” Gajeel just shouts, “Get him!!!” at Natsu. Natsu then starts using a bunch of dragon slayer secret arts against Laxus, and he’s winning. Levy speaks up from next to me, “He really is amazing. His magic is so powerful. It’s almost like it can break through a dragon’s scales and shatter it’s spirit.” I just stand there, shocked at the display in front of me. I never thought I’d see the day when Laxus would be beaten by Natsu of all people. “Dragon Slayer Secret Arts.” Natsu then sends one final attack at Laxus, sending him flying. And when Laxus comes back down and lands on the roof of the church, he’s unmoving, unconscious. “He did it. He beat Laxus.” I say in disbelief. Natsu then lets out a yell of triumph, knowing he won. I look at Laxus one more time, and see him looking down at me, or more so at who I’m holding. Candy, unconscious, THAT'S RIGHT!! “Levy! We need to get Candy to the infirmary now!” She looks at me in surprise, obviously having been distracted just as easily as I was, “You go! I wanna stay here and help the boys. They’re both beaten up pretty badly.” I nod at her and take off toward the guild hall as fast as I can.
Laxus’ POV:
I’m pitiful. To think that I would lose to someone as weak as Natsu. What a joke. I can’t believe I let the guild slip through my fingers so easily. As I lie on my back on the roof of the church, I turn my head to look down on the ground where Freed stands, looking at me in disbelief. However, I’m more distracted by who he’s holding. Candy lies in his arms, unconscious. What? I suddenly forget about my own self pity and saltiness from my loss and immediately get worried. When did that happen? Is she okay? Noticing who I’m looking at, Freed suddenly looks like a light bulb has gone off in his head. He says a few things to Levy and takes off towards the guild hall, taking Candy with him. How did she become unconscious? I start thinking back to the last time I saw her. She was helping Freed stay upright while the two of them told me about why the Fairy Law spell didn’t work. Then, in my rage, I threw a punch at Natsu, who met it halfway, causing a huge gust of wind to erupt around us. Oh, god. That must have been what caused her to fall unconscious. It must have thrown her into a wall. It’s my fault she’s hurt. My brain then starts thinking of how I behaved towards her during this whole thing. How I behaved to both her and Freed. I treated them like they were my servants or something. What is wrong with me? Like they were just pawns in my game, which they were. That’s how I thought of them, and that’s why Candy looked at me like that. When I threatened her life earlier in the church, right before Mystogan showed up. She looked at me like I was about to take away all of her joy, with pure fear. I became the monster the Thunder Legion feared I would, and now Candy is paying the price for it. Ugh, what have I done?