You're Gonna Go Far Kid

Lucy’s POV:
We’re all in the guildhall now, the day after everything happened with Laxus and the Thunder Legion. We’re waiting for Erza’s report on Master Makarov and Candy. All we’ve heard is that the master is sick, and that Candy is unconscious. We don’t know exactly how that happened, but we’re all hoping Erza will tell us. “Thanks to Ms. Porlyusica’s help, the master’s going to pull through just fine. So don’t worry, he’ll be back to work in no time.” Everyone shouts in excitement and I breathe a sigh of relief. I turn to Gray, “Thank goodness. I was getting a little worried.” Gray just smiles at me, “Aw come on, it’ll take more than that to make gramps kick the bucket.” Erza then continues, “Well he isn’t as young as he used to be. So any added stress to his heart could significantly affect his health. Let’s be on our best behavior okay?” Everyone raises a glass/beer and says, “Aye Sir!!” Copying what Happy says all the time. Speaking of Happy, he looks around worried for a moment and says, “Hey has anyone seen Rosie? I wanted to tell her about this awesome fish I found a while ago.” The room grows quiet as I turn to him, “She’s in the infirmary with Candy. Erza, can you clarify what happened there?” Everyone looks at Erza expectantly, the latter giving us a strained look. “I’m afraid her situation isn’t as good as the Master’s. According to Ms. Porlyusica, she’s in a coma. We don’t know when she’ll wake up. Rosie and the Thunder Legion haven’t left her bedside at all. Mira and I were about to go up and check on them.” Everyone looks at Erza in a mixture of shock and worry. I can’t believe that! A coma?! Cana clearly can’t believe it either, “What?! How did that happen?! She was the only one out of everyone who was still standing! Now you’re telling me she won’t wake up?!” Erza only looks towards Levy, who says, “She got caught in the crossfire of Laxus and Natsu’s fight, and was thrown against a wall. She hit her head pretty bad. Freed looked so lost, so I tried to help as best as I could. But, she’s a strong girl! I’m sure she’ll be fine, if she wakes up that is.” Before anyone can say anything else, Laxus walks into the guild. Everyone looks at him in hatred and anger. He glares at everyone, “Where’s the old man?” Everyone starts yelling at him, clearly not willing to tell him. Erza interrupts them, “Quiet everyone!” They all stop yelling. “The master’s in the infirmary, along with Candy and the Thunder Legion. You should probably say something to them.” He looks down at the ground, guilt clear in his eyes, as well as worry. He knows what happened, and….he blames himself? That’s a major shift from how he was behaving yesterday. He just silently starts walking toward the infirmary. Natsu starts yelling at him, none of it understandable due to the bandages around his mouth. He jumps in front of Laxus, points his finger at him, and continues to yell in muffled nonsense. I ask Gajeel, who’s standing next to me, to interpret what Natsu’s saying. “He said ‘next time it ain’t gonna be two against one. It’ll just be me and you, face to face. And I swear I ain’t gonna lose to you again.’ or something.” Huh? Lose again? “Wait a second I thought you guys beat him.” I say to him. “No, I’d say it was more like a draw.” Huh? “Look what he did to us. If he’d been around during the phantom battle, I’d be six feet under right now.” Laxus just keeps on walking, not saying anything to Natsu, the latter being pissed that he wasn’t even acknowledged. Natsu turns to face Laxus and starts yelling at him again. Laxus just raises a hand for Natsu to see, this causing him to calm down. Erza then announces to everyone, “Show’s over guys. Let’s get ready for the Fantasia Parade!!” Everyone shouts in excitement, obviously ready to focus on something happy for once.

Third POV:
Laxus stands leaning against the wall by the door to the infirmary. Master Makarov lays in a bed at the other end of the room. Candy lays in the bed opposite of Makarov, Rosie asleep next to her. Freed and Evergreen have their heads laying on her bed, while Bickslow sits in a chair, with his head against the wall. All three of them are also asleep, having been up all night worrying for Candy. Laxus looks at the group of friends, all gathered around one bed, and addresses his grandfather. “They’re a rowdy bunch aren’t they?” Makarov sighs, and sits up on his bed, facing Laxus, who is now looking at Makarov. “Laxus, I don’t think you understand the seriousness of what you have done. Look me in the eyes, young man! Fairy Tail is a place where friends can gather. Where wizards can work. And where children who have no kin to call their own can feel like they’re part of a family. It’s not something that can be owned. It’s important that each member not only be loyal, but also trustworthy. Otherwise, no bonds would be formed and the entire guild will eventually fall apart. Your actions have proven that you lack both of those qualities. And you threatened the lives of your comrades! That’s unforgivable!!” Laxus looks at Candy when he hears Makarov say this. “I’m sorry sir. Honestly, I never meant to hurt the guild. I just….wanted to make it stronger.” Makarov sighs again, and gets out of the bed and walks over to stand in front of Laxus. “I swear, you’re just as high strung as I am. You’d better try to relax or you’ll end up in here with me. Take some time to smell the roses. If you do, you’ll be able to see things you’ve never seen before. And you’ll hear things you’ve never been able to hear. Life can be a lot of fun if you allow it to be.” Laxus looks away from Makarov when he says this, hearing the truth to his words. “Over the years, I have watched you grow into the man that you are today. Where did we go wrong? What lesson did you not learn? But the past is the past. I am left now with only one choice.” Laxus, knowing what’s coming, tries not to cry, as he awaits his Grandfather’s judgment. “Laxus, you are hereby expelled from Fairy Tail.” Laxus just keeps looking at the ground, unable to look at neither the man in front of him, or the friends he’s come to be so protective of all laying over on the bed. If he did, he’d probably break right then and there. “I understand. Thanks for everything, Grandpa.” Laxus says as he turns around and starts to walk out. His use of the title makes Makarov cry. “You take care of yourself, okay old man?” Makarov, unable to take anymore, says, “Please just go!”