Thunder Legion

At sundown, Rosie and I made our way to Kardia Cathedral. While we were walking over there, (more like I was walking and Rosie was flying), I couldn't help but wonder if there was some kind of ceremony for this thing. Or maybe it's just some kind of simple meeting in a place where we can get some privacy from the rest of the guild and confirm rules of being in the Thunder Legion. Rosie and I walked through the doors, and there they all were just hanging out and making light conversation, waiting for us. Laxus heard us walk in and looked at us, causing the rest of them to turn their heads to us. Once we got up to them, Laxus spoke up, "So, I can see you finally decided to show." At this, I gave him a confused look. "You said to come at sundown, the sun is just now falling below the horizon." He chuckled and said, "Early is on time, on time is late. That's what the old man always says. You ready?" (FOR FREDDY AM I RIGHT?! lol I'm jk) "Uh...yeah, so like, what happens? Is this just some place to talk about rules or something or is there some kind of initiation?" I asked him. He glanced to his side where Freed stood with a stamp similar to the one used for the guild emblem. However, instead of the Fairy Tail guild emblem being there, there was a small lightning bolt. Oh, now I understand. Freed asked me where I want it, I told him on the outside of my right calf. My guild emblem is dark blue and on the outside of my left calf, so it just makes sense.

Freed nodded at me and, since I was already wearing shorts, he didn't have to go through much trouble to put it there. Then Laxus spoke up, "Ok, now to answer your earlier question, there is an initiation of sorts that happens here. Sort of like a way to swear your loyalty not only to the Thunder Legion, but also to the guild. Fairy Tail is a powerful guild that doesn't take betrayal lightly. So, just simply don't betray us. Okay kid?" I nodded silently while looking up at him. Seems reasonable enough. The lightning bolt on my leg started to glow yellow and started to spark a little bit. I haven't gotten completely used to using the lightning part of my elemental magic, so this kind of hurts but it's nothing I can't handle. Freed speaks up next,
"Do you swear to always be loyal to Fairy Tail no matter what happens? To come to a guildmates aid when they need it, and to treat everyone in the guild like family?"
"I swear it."
He draws an enchantment line in front of me, then walks to my left side while I stay put.
"Do you swear to be a bodyguard to Laxus, and to always be loyal to him and listen to any order he gives you?"
"I swear it."
He draws another enchantment line on the left side of me, then walks behind me. The power surging through my lightning bolt mark is growing and becoming more difficult to ignore.
"Do you swear to be loyal to the Thunder Legion? To be a friend, a sister, a protector?"
"I swear it." This one comes out sounding more forced, considering the lightning keeps getting worse.
Freed draws another line of enchantment behind me, and finally moves to my right.
"And finally, do you swear to be a strong friend? To protect those who may need it? To support those who need support? To help those who need help?"
"I swear it." I say one final time, before he draws another line of enchantment on my right side, making a box of enchantment around me that all starts to glow, surprising me, before disappearing completely, the pain in my leg going away.
"Candace Bane, you are now an official member of the Thunder Legion. Welcome to the team." Freed announced, smiling at me. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and smiled back at him. Bickslow's 'babies' lifted me up, causing me to let out a yelp and start giggling. "Yeah Baby!!! Another thunder baby!!!" This had me laughing even harder as Evergreen rolled her eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling us that it's weird!" She questioned him while glaring at him playfully, clearly just as happy as everyone else. Freed just started laughing lightly while Laxus told Bickslow to put me down. Once I was back on the ground and standing up, Laxus came over and lifted me up onto his shoulders and started walking out of the building, the others quick to follow. Rosie flew over to me, a huge smile on her face and I held her as Laxus carried us. He had a big, prideful smirk on his face. "Welcome to the Thunder Legion kid! You're gonna love it!" I had no doubt in my mind that he was right.

-----------TIME-SKIP-----------

It's been two years since Rosie and I joined Fairy Tail, I'm 12 now and I couldn't be happier. The Thunder Legion is the best family I could ask for. They all care for me and treat me like I'm a little sister to them. They're not the only ones, I still help out with Mira every now and then and Erza likes to buy me cakes. Reedus has made two more pictures of me and Rosie with the guild and they are so good. Reedus is so talented. Master Makarov demanded that one of them be hung up in the Guild Hall to commemorate that we were part of the guild now. I've grown in power over the course of these last two years. I've trained with anyone in the guild who can influence the elements, including Gray, Natsu, and Laxus. Of course, Erza's different armor is definitely helpful too. I've grown a lot closer with everyone too. I was able to talk to Natsu about Igneel and tell him about Indica. My brunette hair is now just barely past my shoulders, which is very exciting for me. I've always wanted long hair like Mira. It's a bright in the month of August when I'm just lounging around the guild hall, waiting for the Thunder Legion to signal me to leave with them for our next job. I was talking with Rosie when Natsu suddenly bursts into the guildhall shouting something that alerted everyone that he was back. I looked over to him to welcome him back when I saw a blonde girl standing in the door frame looking around the guild hall in awe. Natsu just kept walking looking for either food or fighting probably. Which he was about to get, because Gray stands up, "So Natsu's finally back, huh?!" and starts fighting with Natsu. The blonde girl looks startled and extremely concerned. I can't say I blame her, when I first saw those two fighting I was upset because I saw Gray naked and he scarred me for life. I wasn't ready to see what that third leg looks like yet. Evergreen and Freed were obviously pissed, because I was only 10. Yeah....that's something I'll never get out of my brain. I'm pulled out of my thoughts when the lightning bolt on my leg starts glowing, the signal that the Thunder Legion is ready to go. I decide to sneak out before anyone pisses me off so I don't have to worry about beating anyone to a pulp in front of this poor girl, who already looks horrified and annoyed at the same time. Rosie and I leave and head for the outskirts of town to our normal meeting place with the legion.

Once I get to the legion, we greet each other and head out to our job, Freed describing the job to me along the way. I've noticed Laxus has been going on less and less jobs with us lately. I can't say I'm not worried, but he's a very strong wizard who has taught us to never question him. So I'm just going to trust that he's ok. He's become like a big brother to me. It's pretty funny to get on his nerves, especially when he knows he could never hurt me, because he still views me as the little 10 year old girl he met in Magnolia that one day. I haven't seen him in a while. He doesn't like to show up at the guild much anymore, since his anger toward Master Makarov has grown with each passing day. Evergreen told me why Laxus is angry with Master, and I understand where he's coming from. I would be upset if my father was kicked out of the guild by my own grandfather, however, I can't say I blame Master for kicking Ivan out either. He sounded like a very rude, and selfish man who only cared about having as much power as physically possible. Obviously, Master doesn't share those sentiments. So he kicked Ivan out, thus creating a permanent enemy in his grandson. It's a very crazy family if I'm being completely honest. We keep walking until we get to the train station and an immediate feeling of dread washes over me. I glare at Freed. He looks at me with laughter in his eyes and says, "You'll be fine Candy. It's just a three hour train ride." WHAT?! THREE HOURS OF WANTING TO THROW MY STOMACH OUT THE WINDOW?! UGH!!! "Freed! Three hours of nausea and stomach pain isn't three hours. It's more like 6 hours!" He just shrugs and boards the train. Ugh, I swear I'm going to kill that man. Rosie from beside me puts her paw on my shoulder and says, "Come on Candy, the train isn't going to wait for us." I let out a groan of dread and disappointment and trudge onto the train, following after everyone else. Eventually, I find the cabin the legion is in and sit next to Bickslow with Rosie in my arms.

Our job we're heading to complete is to take down a dark guild that's been terrorizing the innocent civilians of Clover. We get a lot of jobs like this. The most prominent issue of this day and age is dealing with these annoying dark guilds that just cause chaos. Not more chaos than Fairy Tail obviously, no one is better at that than us. The train starts moving and I immediately need to throw up. I literally just had three chicken legs earlier at the guild hall. I swear! Rosie starts patting my arm gently trying to comfort me while bearing a look on her face that says she's used to this. The same could be said about the other three. This is gonna be a long train ride. Of course there HAD to be a bump and I almost puked all three chicken legs out!