Our Own Free Will

Me, Wendy, and Natsu are aggressively thrown into a cell together. Natsu tries to get up and rush to the guards that threw us in here, but the cell door has already been shut. I check on Wendy and make sure she’s okay. Natsu yells at the purple haired man on the other side of the cell. “Hey! Where are the others?” He just looks at us and says, “Others?” Wendy then yells at him, “Yeah! Where are our friends Lucy, Rosie, Carla, and Happy?!” The guy looks confused and says, “Who’s Lucy? Oh you mean the blonde bimbo? Pretty little thing, unfortunately we’ve got no use for her. So she’s gonna be executed.” This pisses us off. I try to use my magic, but the white goop is still around my wrists. Natsu threatens the man, “If you jerks so much as lay a finger on Lucy, I swear! You’re gonna pay! I’ll burn you down to a pile of ashes!!!!” The man just laughs and says, “Oh, well aren’t you a scary one. So tell me something, are all Earthland Wizards just as ferocious as you are?” Wendy says, “You’re gonna execute Lucy? What’ll happen to Carla, Rosie and Happy?!” The man smirks and says, “No need to worry about the exceeds.” Natsu snaps at the man, “His name is Happy, get it straight!” The man just keeps talking, “The EXCEEDS completed their mission, so we took them back to their homeland. In fact, I bet the little guys are having a feast and claiming their reward as we speak.” Wendy looks confused, “What do you mean?! What mission?!” Then after a minute of thinking, Wendy starts yelling, “No way! That’s not possible!! I don’t know what kind of mission you guys sent her on, but I know Carla abandoned it!!” The man just smirks and says, “Oh yeah? She actually completed it like a pro.” Wendy looks at him sadly, Natsu angrily, and I look at him confused. Wendy says, “That can’t be. What are you making them do for you?” The man smiles and says, “You mean, you still haven’t figured it out yet?” I look at him, slightly pissed, “Figured what out freak?” He looks at me, and turns to the soldier next to him. The soldier nods at him and he looks at me, “You’re the one who killed our best fighter. My soldiers told me you were a fully grown woman, who had horns. They said you were a beast that couldn’t be stopped. Clearly they were all just cowards. You’re nothing but a kid.” I walk up to the bars and say, “Your so-called ‘best fighter’ squealed and whined like a five year old girl, while I killed him like a grown man.” The man’s smile falters and I continue, “So you tell me, who do you think was telling the truth?” I look at the soldier next to him, who nodded at him previously, and hit the bars as hard as I can. The soldiers behind him jump back, but the man with purple hair stays still. He glares at me and continues to answer Wendy’s previous question, wanting to avoid talking to me anymore.

Third POV:
Elsewhere in Edolas, Rosie, Carla, and Happy are all asleep on a big bed somewhere. Happy wakes up first, “What the? Where are we? Hey Carla, Rosie, wake up!” Carla and Rosie wake up, and sit up looking around. Carla looks at Happy, “Tom Cat, What is this?” Rosie looks around the room, confused, and says, “What in the world happened to us?” “All I know is we were knocked out and woke up here, this weird place. I know I’ve never been here before.” Happy says, standing up. Rosie then stands up after him, “Yeah, I don’t recognize this place either.” Carla looks down sadly. Happy and Rosie look at her worriedly, “Are you okay?” Happy asks her. She doesn’t look up, and says, “It seems my ‘information’ was actually a trap.” Rosie speaks up, “That’s not true! I’m sure it was just a coincidence that they found us.” Happy nods in agreement, “It wasn’t your fault Carla.” Carla doesn’t seem to hear their words as she closes her eyes, on the verge of tears. “I betrayed dear Wendy. I swore that I would protect her no matter what. This is all my fault!” Before Rosie or Happy could say anything, the door to the room they were in opens. On the other side of the door, there’s a yellow exceed, who has a very similar face to the human wizard from earthland, Ichiya. “I beg your pardon, are you the three who recently completed an earthland mission?” Happy and Rosie freak out, “IT’S ICHIYA?!” They shout at the same time. The Ichiya doppelganger says, “Meow. Nice parfum.” Happy looks at him confused and says, “Wait a second. You’re a cat?!” He looks offended and says, “Don’t be silly! I am no mere cat. I’m an exceed just like you!” Suddenly, a black exceed, taller than most, walks up to them, his fist constantly pumping in the air, for some reason. “Mr. Michiya sir. I’ve been told this is the first time they’ve been to Edolas. In fact, I doubt they’ve ever seen another exceed before.” Rosie rolls her eyes at this comment, and thinks to herself, ‘Dur! No! I’ve NEVER SEEN ANOTHER EXCEED!! Even though I’m in the same GUILD AS ONE!!’ The Ichiya look alike, now revealed to be Michiya, says, “Really? Well I had no idea. Welcome. I am Michiya, the captain of Extalia’s royal guard. Meow.” The black, fist pumping exceed then says, “And my name is Nadi. Otherwise known as Extalia’s minister of state. Congrats on your mission!” Happy, Carla, and Rosie look at the two, completely confused. “Our mission?” Happy asks. Carla looks down again, still sad. Rosie puts her paw on Carla’s shoulder and says, “It’ll be okay Carla.” Michiya interrupts them, “I know this is rather sudden, but the queen would like to see you. Follow me.” Happy shouts out, shocked, “The queen?! Seriously?!” Carla doesn’t look too excited to follow them, so Happy says, “Don’t worry. Just leave everything to me. The first thing we need to do is get the lay of the land.” Rosie nods in agreement to Happy, while Carla doesn’t respond. They all get up and start following Nadi and Michiya. They walk down a tunnel, and when they get out of the tunnel, they come across an entire town of exceeds. As they walk through the town, Happy and Rosie look around in awe. Other exceeds say hi to Michiya and Nadi as they pass by. Other exceeds start to notice Rosie, Carla, and Happy and start to cheer them on. “They’re the ones who completed their earthland mission!” Rosie, Happy, and Carla look uncomfortable as people start to compliment them and cheer them on more. “You guys are heroes!” One exceed says. Another says, “Welcome back!! Good job!!” Happy says, “Everybody’s a cat here.” Nadi turns to him and says, “I’m afraid that you’re wrong my friend. We are exceeds here. We stand above the humans. It’s our duty to guide them each and every day.” Rosie looks at him with a condescending face, “I’ve never heard of you.” Nadi ignores this and says, “And that beautiful sight you see before you, is the beautiful exceed kingdom, Extalia.” Rosie and Happy look at Extalia, both nervous and still confused.