The Grand Magic Games

Everyone made it back to the guild, reuniting with everyone else. Elfman looking like he bench pressed an entire mountain. Inside the guildhall, Master Makarov announces who’s going to be representing Fairy Tail in the GMG. It turns out to be Natsu, Gray, and Erza. The last two being the most shocking; Lucy and Wendy. Everyone recovers quickly from the shock and gets excited for the games. With that, they all make it to the capital of Fiore, Crocus. This city holds the king of Fiore’s castle. Sitting to the west of the city is the colosseum where the GMG’s are held. People in the capital start to laugh at them, but they choose to ignore them. Levy reads the rule book to the team, pointing out the rule that everyone on the team has to make it back to their hotel rooms before midnight. Upon hearing this, everyone decides to go explore the city.

Lucy, Natsu, and Happy are hanging out in one of the streets when Natsu hears someone yell that there’s a fight going on, “Ah! I guess fights are part of this festival after all!” The three of them head to where there’s a crowd circling around where this so-called ‘fight’ is. Natsu smells the scent of a dragon and an unmistakable familiar scent of someone he knows. He, Lucy, and Happy push through the crowd, eager to see what’s going on. Natsu has to crawl on all fours to get through the crowd, and when he does, he’s completely speechless at the sight he sees before him. Sting, Rogue, and Candy have completely knocked out about 20 men who challenged them. Candy and Sting are smirking as he stomps his foot down on one of the guys’ faces. Rogue is standing there, intimidatingly calm. “Anybody else want some?” Sting asks. Candy throws her head back, annoyed, “Jeez! These guys are nothing near a challenge! When am I gonna get a good fight for once?!” Rogue turns to her calmly, “Don’t worry, Candy. I’m sure you’ll get your fight soon.” Lector then speaks arrogantly, “Man! These guys are nothing but a bunch of losers!” Frosch agrees with him adorably, clearly not really knowing what he’s talking about. Natsu gets off all fours and kneels on one knee, “Candy?!” Lucy pushes through the crowd and stares at Candy, completely shocked. She’s not what either of them pictured. She’s taller, her hair is longer, and she’s definitely matured a lot more, making her an extremely gorgeous woman. She, Rogue, and Sting turn to Natsu and Lucy. Sting glares down at Natsu, “Lookie here.” Rogue widens his eyes, “Is that Natsu Dragneel?” Candy nods, “Oh yeah. That’s Natsu Dragneel. They didn’t mention that you guys didn’t age on that island.” Candy speaks distantly to Natsu, almost as if they were distant acquaintances rather than close friends. Natsu stands up fully, “Yeah. I’m Natsu. Candy, who are these dudes?” Candy chuckles lightly as the crowd surrounding them look at Natsu as if he just offended God. “Has this guy seriously never heard of Sting and Rogue, the Twin Dragons of the Sabertooth guild before?” “Yeah! And how does he even know Candy Bane?! She’s the Arctic Dragon!!” Lucy walks up to stand next to Natsu, “These guys are members of Sabertooth?” She directs this question at Candy, speaking to her like she does with a friend. Candy glares at Lucy and Natsu, “Tch. Seriously, you guys are slower than I remember. Guess dying and coming back to life will do that to ya.” Natsu glares at Candy, then directs his attention to Rogue and Sting, “You think you’re hot stuff?” Sting laughs at his question, “So the rumors about you entering the GMGs this year were true after all.” Natsu glares at him, “How do you know who I am?” Sting smirks, “Everybody knows. You’re the so-called Dragon Slayer who couldn’t actually slay a dragon. Doesn’t sound like much of a dragon slayer to me.” His words piss Natsu off and he continues, “The sad part of it is I actually used to look up to you. And my friend was a fan of Gajeel’s.” Rogue closes his eyes, “More of a curiosity because he was a fellow dragon slayer.” Natsu looks at them, shocked. “You gotta be kidding me. You’re all dragon slayers?” Candy goes up between Sting and Rogue and rests her arms on their shoulders, “We would prefer that you call us True Dragon Slayers instead.” Sting then speaks, “Unlike you, we could’ve easily slain Acnologia.” Lucy glares at him, “Well you’d be telling a different story if you’d actually gone up against that monster like we did.” Happy then shouts, “Yeah! You weren’t even there!!” The three Sabertooth wizards smirk, and Rogue says, “Candy faced him as well. Without the rest of you there to cast a little Fairy Sphere spell. Look who’s still standing.” Natsu, Happy, and Lucy widen their eyes in shock. “You fought him?” Natsu asks, bewildered and slightly worried. Candy simply nods, “Yep. All by my lonesome.” Sting smirks, and wraps his arm around Candy’s waist. “What it all boils down to is that we’re far superior.” Lector then walks forward, “Let me explain a little something to ya. Natsu and those other two are what’s known as first generation dragon slayers ‘cuz they all got their magic power directly from dragons firsthand. Your old buddy Laxus and that guy Cobra from the Oracion Seis got their magic from dragon lacrimas that were planted inside their bodies. We call ‘em second generation dragon slayers. But Sting, Candy, and Rogue here are way more powerful. Not only do they have dragon lacrimas inside ‘em. They were also raised by actual dragons who taught them how to use their magic. They’re third generation hybrids.” Natsu looks at Candy, Rogue, and Sting in shock, “Third generation?” Lector continues, “In other words, they’re the ultimate dragon slayers.” Natsu glares, “Candy? Do you and these guys seriously think you’re so much better than everyone else?” Lector answers for her, “They don’t just think they are. There’s a huge difference in skill between first and third gen dragon slayers. You wish you were half as strong as they are.” Natsu then decides to ask, “Tell me something. Did your guys’ dragons disappear in the year 777 too?” Rogue and Sting smirk, “Yeah, you could say that.” Rogue clears it up, “More to the point, they died. The creatures that passed down their dragon slayer techniques to us, we eliminated them with our own hands. So that we could earn the title of True Dragon Slayers.” Lucy and Natsu look at them, shocked. “I don’t believe it. You killed them?!” Natsu is now beyond pissed, “YOU SCUM!!! THOSE WERE YOUR PARENTS!!” Sting and Rogue simply ignore him, and Rogue places his arm around Candy’s shoulder as they turn around, about to walk away. Lucy tries to run forward and stop them, “Wait! Candy! I know you cared about your mother, Indica!! How could you be friends with people who murdered their parent figures?! You have never killed a dragon!!” The three of them stop, and Candy turns around, “No, I never killed my mother. However, I am going to kill Acnologia.” Suddenly, her entire mood shifts, and everyone around starts shaking at her terrifying anger, including Natsu, Happy, and Lucy. Candy glares at them, “I won’t stop until his limbs are ripped from his body, and then I’ll watch as he slowly bleeds out, begging me for mercy.” That was all she needed to say to convince Natsu, Happy, and Lucy that this is definitely not the Candy they once knew. She’s an entirely different person. A vengeful person. Candy, Sting, and Rogue, who are noticeably a lot more serious now, all turn around and leave without saying anything else, leaving Natsu and Happy shaking with rage, and Lucy watching Candy sadly. They’re going to have to alert the Thunder Legion about this.