CHAPTER 39

It took a long time, but at last, I was successful in gathering the information about Aaron's parents, and my mind was in chaos. Not that I was going to lose Aaron, but the information that I had collected was not worth sharing with Aaron. How the hell was I going to share this with him? Everything could have waited only if he hadn't used too much of his brain.

Aaron's mother's name is Lucy Willy. She's an alcoholic, which is just great. Lucy was sent to the rehabilitation center and also to therapy sessions, but nothing worked on her; she is still addicted to alcohol, and she would make sure to end her day in one of the pubs. Aaron's father's name is Anthony; he is a drug dealer now serving a sentence in prison. For another 10 years, he was not going to be released. What a family!

After one last time checking the details, I made my way home once again. I needed to deal with Aaron regarding this, and I couldn't let Ana do it.

After reaching home, I shared everything with Ana, and as expected, she was happy to hear such a piece of news about Aaron's parents. This is one of the reasons I am not letting her deal with Aaron regarding this matter; she can't hide anything; everything could be made out by just seeing her face.

I made my way toward Aaron's room. He was doing his homework. I entered and sat beside him. I was worried about the aftereffects once he learned about his parents. This piece of news was not worth sharing, at least not with a kid. Not to forget, he asked for this. Damn these days, kids.

I shared everything with Aaron; he listened to each of my words without blinking his eyes, and I hated his expecting eyes; it felt like I was pouring water on everything that was not the case. I kept the file on the table: "Let me clear you, Aaron, I am not going to send you back to your parents; if you want, you can meet them, but not now when you cross 15, if you want, you can go through the file; I have collected everything about your parents', including their pictures," and his eyes, which were bright a few seconds before, now were dull. After hearing everything, he turned his head towards the books and started fidgeting with his fingers.

I took Aaron on my lap and hugged him tightly. I spoke, "We are there for you. Always keep that in mind, ok, baby." He nodded his head strangely, not crying, but sadness was visible. "So do you want to go through the file? Shall I keep it here if you want it later? You can?" "No, I don't want to." "Why?" "I don't want to do any stupid things further; I don't want to see anything; thank you Daddy", "Always baby, and you got every right to know about your parents' it's not stupid act ok, today you are sleeping with us", "Why, no, no, I am grown up, I will sleep in my room", "Yeah, you have grown up, nothing wrong with sleeping with your parents occasionally and don't argue ok".

By nodding his head, he continued doing his homework. I took the file and exited his room. I thought of throwing it in the trash but held back from doing that. In the future, someday he might be interested, so I kept it in my office room and made my way towards the room. "Aaron is going to sleep with us." "Why did he want to?" "No, he didn't; it was my idea; I didn't want him sleeping alone today." "Hmmm, ok.".

After having dinner, we were on the bed. Aaron was in the middle, and at some point, he had moved closer to me, and his one hand was wrapping me. When I felt his presence, I took him on my shoulder and thought of continuing my sleep when I felt eyes on me, and I saw Ana staring at me. What the hell is wrong with this one? "What in the hell is wrong with you?" and her eyes fell on Aaron. Oh god, please don't tell me she is a jealous mess over this. "You know there is a word called 'acting'; you both can do that in front of me. I don't mind; I will be totally ok with it, but can you both give me a break?""Will you sleep, Ana, please? I am tired." "Can't you both show some mercy on me, at least now and then?" "Sleep Ana," by groaning, gave up for the day.