CHAPTER 2

The next day, I was woken by my cell ringing. I received the call. A lady spoke on the other end; it was from Anderson Company, informing me that my resume was shortlisted, and the interview was scheduled for 11 a.m. today. By shouting at the top of my lungs, I ran toward the bathroom. The lady made my day, and God heard my prayer.

I got fresh up and reached Anderson Company, which was developed recently around 10.45 a.m. I took information from the front desk regarding the interview, and as soon as I reached the designated floor, I was shocked to see so many candidates who came to attend the interview. It was perfect. I won't get this job either, for sure. I guess luck is always going in the opposite direction. I pouted myself, gave my name for the interview, and took the next seat.

So many gorgeous and sexy girls came to the interview; their makeup, dresses, and everything was so elegant that I was impressed, and I could not compare myself to any of them. I was not getting why they needed this job, as they were perfectly fit for a modeling career, and on top of that, was this company hiring a model? Why the hell did they dress up so well and look so bloody elegant?

After waiting for hours, it was my turn. The interviewer called my name 'Anastasia Merlyn', and I went inside. The usual questions were asked, which I answered, and I came out. I already knew my result: another interview, another rejection, and I started walking from the company in search of a nearby restaurant for lunch.

By the time I reached my cozy flat, it was 6 p.m. After that, I started using my laptop, of course, to see if there were any other vacancies, and I applied for a few at 7 p.m. I received a call from Anderson Company to attend the final round of interviews. Wow, really. I was selected for another round, and still, the battle was on.

The next day, I finished my chores, and I reached the company time at 10.45 a.m., I entered the designated floor. There were only 6 candidates, including me, and everyone was washed out, for which post they were even hiring. I didn't even know how desperate I was. After a few minutes, it was my turn, and again, HR round after that, they told me to wait outside.

A receptionist came and informed me that one more person was going to take my interview, and then she took me to another floor. When we reached, she told me to wait outside. She went inside the cabin, and in bold letters, words were written on the door: "Randolph Anderson, CEO, the sole founder of Anderson Company, was going to take my interview.

I had googled about him; he was a self-made billionaire, the heartthrob of many girls as he was rich; it was inevitable; he was handsome and hot; these reasons were more than enough. He struggled so much from his childhood to achieve this level; he suffered a lot and sacrificed so much, but always got a bigger dream. After achieving so much, he is thriving for more, and yeah, he was a role model for the young generation. Too many negative things too; he has been labeled as a 'womanizer', so many girls gave him various names once they were dumped by him. He never dated ordinary girls; always, it would be models, actresses, celebrities, and businesswomen.

I was now confused as to why the hell the final person taking my interview would be the CEO himself, for which post they were even recruiting. After a few minutes, the receptionist came outside and told me that Mr. Anderson was waiting for me. I said OK and went inside. I was mesmerized for a few seconds, not by Mr. Anderson. I had already blocked him; that face was not going to do any good for me.

I was captured by his cabin interior. What the hell? How much amount had he spent alone on this cabin? Furniture that is not ordinary may be Italian, giving separate looks to his cabin; painting my god; a French window we can view the whole city, I guess, and two other doors—I don't know where they lead to; carpet wow. I came back to my senses when Mr. Anderson coughed.

After apologizing, I was in front of his desk. He told me to take my seat, and he was studying my CV. I was scrutinizing him; his photos on the internet or any social media had failed to capture his true beauty. In reality, he was breathtaking. Every girl will be dumbstruck by this handsome hunk. What this Greek god was doing over here in this simple cabin, even if it's worth so much, was nothing in front of him. How the hell did anyone false-mouth this handsome face? Strange. When he spoke, thank God I had done with my ogling.

"Good morning, Ms. Anastasia Merlyn, I am Randolph Anderson. It's a pleasure meeting you. Will you please tell me something about yourself and your work experience?"

"Hi, good morning, Mr. Anderson. I am Anastasia Merlyn. I am 22 years old, completed my degree in finance, grew up in an orphanage, started my career as a waitress, worked for a few months, then worked as an accountant for a year, then worked as a secretary at Edwin Company.".

With a nod, he spoke, "Ms. Merlyn, you are appointed for this post." Did I hear him right? Like, really, I won the battle and washed out so many gorgeous girls. My days started getting better and better. He further continued, "You need to join tomorrow; your work timings will be from 8 to 6; if your work timings get extended, you will be paid extra; and your daily routine will be forwarded to you via mail." After that, I thanked him with a happy face and exited his cabin.

I was finally selected as his assistant. So, this interview is for hiring an assistant for him; no wonder, on the first day, I saw so many models.

Now my job is more than whatever is informed via mail; I should behave well, shut my mouth most of the time, and to open whenever he asks something. Only then I can survive this job.

By evening, I had received the offer letter, the date of joining, the job description, and the salary structure. There are so many perks, too.