CHAPTER 38

It's been a month—the same day a month before Aaron got kidnapped and I got shot by a psychopath. My wound was completely healed, but not the scar. Whenever I see the scar, it reminds me of Ana but not Patricia.

The scar on my waist only prompted what I had done to Ana before; I had wounded her with my cruel words, and she may be recovered or forgotten for the time being. Whatever the case, my harsh words had definitely left a scar on her. The scar on my body can be taken care of by applying the medicine, but what about her scar? How the hell am I going to make it disappear completely?

Everyone's routines were the same, no changes; Ana's belly was growing, and Aarav started crawling in between; he would try to stand and walk a few steps; I loved his baby steps around the house; and Aaron was becoming more and more mature; his thinking level was not like a normal kid of his age, and this maturity scares me sometimes.

I had not made any moves on Ana. I am a bloody manipulative bastard; I know that very well, but when I wanted to try something genuinely, nothing was going in my favor. I was not getting a chance to prove my sincerity to Ana. When I wanted to destroy something, every fucking moment was on my side. When I sincerely yearned to correct my wrongdoings, I was not finding the circumstances or the situation where she could witness my worthiness. I can show her my sincerity by faking it too. Strange for not even a second, I am thinking of opting that way, and I am not able to reach a step in my sincerity. It was feeling fucking hard how the hell I was going to be for life long beyond my thinking; again, at least I can be satisfied for trying.

When everything was usual, I started noticing changes in the behavior of Ana and Aaron, and they were not talking. If they were, it would be minimal, like very minimal. For the first time, I witnessed Ana being very angry with Aaron for some reason, which led her to stop talking to him. It was unbelievable what the hell was going on between these two.

Ana was crying too much, I thought, because of her pregnancy, but that was not the case. Something was bothering her; if it was related to me, I would have made out, but it was not related to me. On the other hand, these days Aaron was sad; his usual smile was missing, he was not enthusiastic like before, and also, he was avoiding me too much, always giving some reasons; if it was just a mother-son quarrel, I would have ignored it, or if they made up after a few days too, but it's been 10 days and nothing has changed day by day, neither her crying nor Aaron's behavior.

We were having lunch, and the dining table, once chaotic but now totally calm, only sounds coming from utensils could be heard. This calmness was kind of suffocating. I was observing both Ana and Aaron; Ana was gulping down for sake, and Aaron was playing with his food.

I wanted to stop him from playing with his food, but before that, Ana broke the silence and said, "Stop playing with the food." By giving an angry face, Aaron replied, "I am not hungry." "Don't show your anger at the food; just eat it; if you don't like it, I can prepare something else." "I am not feeling hungry; how many times do I need to tell you why you can't understand anything?" By saying that angrily, he pushed his plate further onto the dining table and ran towards his room, and Ana excused herself and made her way to the kitchen. I felt like a fool for watching everything; this was not going to stop without my intervention.

I had enough; I wanted to know the bloody reason. I thought of going to Aaron's room and speaking with him, but his version could wait. I wanted to know everything from Ana; she never behaved this way with Aaron, and suddenly she was frustrated by his every act. There must be a strong reason. I made my way to the kitchen. Ana was cutting some veggies and preparing something else for Aaron, and yeah, she was crying.

I approached her, and by hugging her, I kept my head on the crook of her neck. I was inhaling her scent, which was erotic, and definitely, my dick could wait. At this point in time, I needed to clear the air between these two.

MANIPULATIVELY TURNED AS OUR STORYOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara