CHAPTER 17

I received a call from Ms. Johana informing me that formalities have been completed and I can take Aaron anytime. At last, some good news! I was so fed up seeing him only through video calls that at the end of the call, I would always get frustrated, as I was not able to kiss or squeeze those chubby cheeks and was missing him so badly. I wanted to give him a tight hug, so I was counting the days until he finally arrived.

Now the most important thing is that I need to contact Emma and inform her to arrange the necessary documents for taking Aaron, and for my part, I have to start preparing his room and so many other things. Oh god, I have a hell lot of work; everything should be at its best.

When that bastard told me I would regret my decision, he kept his words to the fullest and started torturing me in every possible way. Beginning by doing silly things like making me prepare his coffee 'N' a number of times but would never drink, giving reasons coffee is not according to his taste. I know this asshole tastes very well. For the past 5 years, I have been preparing his coffee. He would throw anything on the floor, making sure I cleaned a couple of times, always telling me something and asking something else related to work. If I tried to argue, he would use authority, making me agree it was my mistake.

If I came to his lunch part, he would tell me to order from his preferred restaurant. He would always find some silly reasons, like I didn't order according to his taste, or he didn't say to order a delivered menu, and so on. He was making sure to start my day with his scolding and end it the same way too. If I think it will end only with this, I will be an idiot. The coming days will be the worst, for sure. You invited this, remember?

Randolph appointed a new male secretary, and strict instructions were given to me not to enter his cabin unless with permission. I had done the same before, but it was even more; most of my work related to him had been assigned to the new secretary, but not everything. I was the one preparing coffee, scheduling his appointments, ordering his lunch, and doing other office-related stuff. I was completely stopped from going on business trips with him or accompanying him to any meetings. I should contact him if it is totally obligatory, and that too through his secretary. What the heck, as if I cared darn about that bastard.

From everything, one thing was sure: He is damn serious about his new girlfriend. Finally, he got his choice of girl. Why will assholes like him always be lucky to get what they want? Why the hell is God blind toward me?

In the middle of my misery days, I took time one fine weekend, went to Destiny Island, completed the procedure, and brought Aaron along with me. This was my only hope and will keep me distracted from everything, especially recent developments.

My work burden has increased more and more, and firm instructions have been given that without completing the given work, I can't go home. For the past few days, I have not been able to leave the office on time and always end up doing overtime. Thank God, I appointed a nanny to look after Aaron. She will always take care of him whenever I am stuck at work, not being able to spend more time with him only on the weekend. I always wanted Aaron with me; now he was with me, but I was not able to find time for him. A bloody bastard because of Randolph. I could have ended everything by throwing my resignation, but he would conclude that the world revolves around him, which is not a fact. Persons like Randolph cannot be trusted when they are good to you, and now that I am on his worst side, what else is waiting for me? Curious to find out, will he make me give up?

A man like Randolph can also change. If anyone had asked this question a few months ago, then we could have found the default answer. Now everything changed, and that man was changing. He was bloody serious with her, trying so much to overcome his Playboy image, and there was no unnecessary business with any girls, only work-related. No more his name in the gossip column; everything would be related only to Patricia. Their photos were floating everywhere, and they became a powerful couple. I knew about Patricia as the only successful and influential woman when I googled her. She has everything: education, status, and a good background. Adding to this, she is so gorgeous that every single successful male is chasing her. How the hell did this bastard become so lucky to get her? I am not able to digest that part.