CHAPTER 26

I was looking at some files when Ana came into my cabin, carrying my coffee. She slipped and dropped the coffee cup on the floor. "Watch out, clumsy." "Sorry." "What happened?" Then I saw her face; she looked pale. It was barely morning, but she was looking exhausted. "What happened? Are you okay? I made her take a seat on the couch and checked her temperature, and it was normal. "Are you okay?"; "Yeah, I am, but you look exhausted"; "I didn't have anything that might be the reason"; "And why didn't you have?"; "I am not able to eat anything; it's getting vomited. For the past few days, I have been able to have only selected foods. If I see some food, I feel nauseous and also dizzy. I am not getting what is happening to me." "Have you consulted a doctor?" "No, not yet." Thank God for that. "Ok, come, let's go." "Right now, what? Why?" She started crying. Please someone tell me why the hell she was crying. "Is it something serious? Do I have an incurable disease? Am I going to die?".

"What the hell, are you gone mad? When did I speak about anything related to dying or a disease?" "Then what is this sudden change in your behavior showing concern for me?" "Because for the past few days, you have been feeling this way and haven't bothered to consult a doctor, so I am taking you now. Is it a crime? Please stop crying; common, let's go to the hospital. With that, I dragged her along and didn't bother to hear her response.

I know what happened at last. I am getting the expected result. I need to get confirmation. I have called my friend Zack, who is a doctor specializing in dealing with pregnancy. Now my biggest concern was Ana. How the hell was I going to handle her?

We were at the hospital; she gave blood and urine samples, and we were waiting for the result. Again, she started crying. What the hell with this crying? Don't tell me this is one of the symptoms. If this were the case, how the hell am I going to bear it for nine months? I couldn't take it anymore.

"Why are you crying?"; "What if I got cancer or something incurable? What about Aaron?"; "The result has not yet come; everything will be normal; don't worry and please stop crying for God's sake"; "I am not getting why me"; "What do you mean?"; "I mean, you have done so many bad things, used so many people to get your way, enjoyed your life fullest, and every way, here you are sitting healthy and sound; on the other hand, I didn't see anything in life, didn't do anything wrong, always minding my business, and only a few months I am able to spend with Aaron; why me? Why not you?".

This one always tempts me to do something; why the hell will she re-assure me every fucking time? And on top of it, "I never felt this way before I was falling sick; nothing like this." Thank God for that, I guess. "Only a few more minutes will get a result till then. Try not to talk, please. I really need to think of something else now.".

Zack called us, and we were in his cabin. "Well, congratulations, Ana; you are pregnant." "What? Wait, I am not getting it. Could you repeat it, doctor, what you just said?" "Well, you are pregnant, Ana?" "Pregnant? No, no, how the hell is even possible, he was using a condom, and I was on birth control pills there must be something wrong please check the result once again, I am ready to give samples please test it once again, it's impossible", "Well, Ms. Ana it is possible and you are pregnant, no matter how many times we conduct the test", I was trying my best to suppress my happiness she turned towards me, "You were using a condom right tell him that bastard, question him how the hell are you so calm I am bloody pregnant are you even getting that, pregnant I knew you are always a disaster to me but how the hell I end up becoming pregnant that too with your child", "Well I guess you both need time to digest the news I will be outside", with that Zack exited the cabin, by giving a knowing smile.

"I am pregnant is it even possible after taking so many precautions", "Yes looks like it's possible and the result is on our hands", "Oh no, why the hell did I agree to sleep with you again and end up getting pregnant I am not going to keep this child I will abort it", "What", "Yes abortion, call him, your friend right tell him to abort this child", "Are you crazy hell no, it's mine too alone how can you take such a decision I am not going to agree for any abortion", "It's my body I am going to do whatever I want and I am not going to keep this child", "As I said I am not going to allow you are keeping that's final", "Are you mad bastard, you are engaged, your fiancée is a maniac if she comes to know she will kill me for sure, I am going to abort it no matter what", "It's my child you are giving birth safely and sound as far as Patricia leave her to me".