CHAPTER 13

Over there, she was standing, wearing a long, backless, golden-colored dress, looking gorgeous. As always, she was greeting everyone with the usual broad smile. Her appearance was enough to light up any party. All the men who were present at this party were dying to get her attention, but it was not that easy. She is adamantly hard. I am a living example of someone who is always daring in everything. Getting a girl was nothing to me. I had a huge crush on her but never had the guts to approach her and collect her number. I was a bloody coward.

Here I was standing like a fool, trying to get attention from far away with my group of friends. Whenever our eyes were meeting, even for a few seconds, I would immediately avert my eyes, uff she was killing me.

My rival always had a cutthroat competition between us, which I fucking liked most about her. So many times, she snatched millions worth of deals, but nothing could stop me from falling for her. Ms. Patricia Devis, a successful businesswoman, my competitor, and the so-powerful only heir of Mr. Thomas Devis and Mrs. Malone Davis, egoist and full of attitude, can be distributed to everyone at this party; don't give a dam to anyone irrespective of their status; she is bloody perfect in every way. How the hell am I going to man up and speak with her?

My friends were really astonished by my behavior and, at the same time, teased me for being a coward. This was the first time I had acted so pathetically in approaching a girl. We were sipping drinks, and my friends were pulling my leg. I was not giving a dam to anyone. I was enjoying myself by watching her from afar. For a few seconds, our eyes met, and I averted soon. My heart was rising. She had a good effect on me when I was going to man up and at least say 'Hi' to her.

According to my source, she is still single, which is perfect. Before someone snatches her, I should act soon. When I was in my own thoughts, someone kicked me; it was Aidan. I asked him, "What?" He was signaling something I was not getting and was about to question him when someone said, "Hi, Mr. Anderson." This voice is so familiar. I turned and looked; it was Patricia. I was dumbfounded for a few seconds; I was not getting how to respond. How on earth was this happening? She brought me back with her broad smile. What a duffer! She continued, "Are you all right, Mr. Anderson?" "Yeah, I am sorry for that," and I was shuddering. She was giving a knowing smile. Don't tell me every man will be this pathetic in front of her. "Can I have your number?" It took a few seconds to react. "Wait, what?" That came quite loud again, and she continued, "I guess you will take another few months to approach me and collect my number. I lost my patience, so let me make things easier. It would be better this way, don't you think? So can I have your number?"

I was seeing her face to confirm whether she was serious or trying to pull my leg in front of my friends, and she was bloody serious, waiting for me to react. I was totally mute. Thank God Aidan interrupted in time and gave my number to her. What the hell is wrong with me acting like a fucking lunatic? Patricia informed me that she was going to contact me soon, and with a chuckle, she left.

My friends started scolding me for my behavior while, at the same time, they were jealous. She gave me her number; it was like winning millions worth of lottery tickets. What a lucky day! I should wait till she contacts me. It's only been a few minutes. Already, I am hating this waiting process.

I made up my mind strongly and went towards the company. I need to talk with Randolph at any cost. I was quite afraid. Somewhere, I think everything will mess up, but if I go with the flow, I don't know how many more months or years things will be like this. At least I need to know what he really thinks about me. Is it just fucking nothing else? For even a second, he felt something toward me.

After reaching, I greeted the front receptionist ladies, but they didn't greet me back. Day by day, everything was going beyond why everyone was targeting me; did I hurt or snatch something from them? I am not a bloody homewrecker; he is fucking single. For God's sake, stop treating me like a slut; the most important thing is that it's fucking my business.