CHAPTER 36

When I gained consciousness, I could make out I was in the hospital as I was breathing through a ventilator. Thank God, I was not dead for a second. I thought the curse of Ana really got me.

When I was searching for someone, Aidan was beside me, sleeping. For some reason, he jerked and was awake, and our eyes met. He started crying; this bastard really thought that his final goodbye worked. I was in shock for seeing him like that, and he started babbling so many things at a time; none was going through my mind, and I was staring at him. He finally stopped and called the doctor.

The doctor examined me and informed Aidan of something, and my mind was in chaos. A recent incident started hitting my mind, and suddenly I was anxious thinking about Aaron. Where is Aaron? What had happened to him? Is he okay? I removed my ventilator immediately. Aidan came to my aid and said, "Are you mad bastard who wants to die?" "Aaron, where is he, how is he, and did you inform Ana anything?" "I am going to answer every fucking question; stop acting like an idiot." With that, he put back the ventilator.

Aidan sat beside me; he had not slept properly, there were eye bags, and he looked quite pale and had lots of pain in his eyes. "Bastard, I thought I had lost you when I saw you in blood; dam, a whole day you showed me hell by not waking." Tears were falling from his eyes, and I couldn't stop mine. "I thought you took my words seriously and were going to prove me the same, that fucking bitch." I couldn't help but chuckle, and he was smiling, which was not reaching his eyes.

"I have not informed anyone, not Ana and not even your family, as you gained consciousness left to you, do whatever you want, and about Aaron, I have informed him not to say anything to Ana, and he is such a good kid, Dam didn't utter a word, due to everything he has got fever you should call him, not today tomorrow it's late, I have informed Ana that there was a small accident to the car in which Aaron was riding, she didn't take it well, and also I told her you were dealing with other things related to the accident, I am sorry seeing Aaron, I have to come up with something convincing".

He was done; I was digesting everything, and if I am not wrong, Ana would be enraged. For the first time, Ana begged for my presence and needed me most, and I couldn't make it. I had to save Aaron. I couldn't explain this to Ana; she loves Aaron to the core. If this incident came to her notice, then that's it. She fucking doesn't give a dam to anything anymore, maybe not even to Aarav. She will try to get rid of me, and if I go against her, she may disappear.

I was in my own thoughts and was trying my best to be awake, but my eyes were giving up, and medicine started working.

The next day, when I was awake, Aidan was still sleeping. I tried to wake him; he is a light sleeper, so he was awake at that moment. I was feeling okay, but still, I could feel pain in my waist area. This pain could wait, but Aaron, I need to speak with him and with Ana too.

"Call Ana now; let me speak with her." "You should rest more; don't you think she may become suspicious by hearing your voice?" "She will be burning in anger; do you think she will give a fuck about anything else? And not to forget how her brain cell works; just call her; I need to speak with Aaron; I am worried of him." "Alright.".

With that, he started dialing Ana. Once she received the call, he gave me the cell and exited the ward. "Hello Ana, it's me." "Where the hell have you died, bastard? What the hell about the accident? How and when did it happen? Why the fucking no one is carrying to explain anything? Why is Aaron in a gloomy and sad state? He is suffering from a fever, remembering you, and crying. Aaron is not telling me anything. Care to explain it to me, please? I am begging you." As soon as I received the call, it was usual that I never minded before, but when she spoke the first sentence, I felt a pang in my heart. I had not been home for 2 days, not even called or texted her, and her concern towards Aaron can be understood; at least for sake, she could have asked about me, why I am concerned all of a sudden.