CHAPTER 22

I was in my cabin, looking at some files, when Ana came carrying my coffee and placed it on the table along with a letter. I looked at her. "Can I have a word, Mr. Anderson?" "OK, take your seat, and she obliged and spoke, "This is my resignation letter." "What, come again?" What the hell was his bloody problem? "It's my resignation letter. I am resigning from my job." "Why suddenly, a few months ago, I used every means to get your resignation?" "Because, Mr. Anderson, I wanted to give my resignation when I wanted to, not when you were asking. Whatever the reason, look at the bright side. You are getting what you want. Finally, I am resigning my job. Please consider my resignation and bonus point; you already got my replacement, so I don't think you would face any problems in my absence, and I need you to relieve me at the earliest.".

I should be happy that at least one pest is getting out of my life, but, fucking, I am not feeling the same. That satisfying smile on her face is fucking annoying like hell. I need this one to stay, but why? God knows, is she of any use to me in the present situation? I don't think she is of any use, but she needs to stay, and I should make sure of it. With her stubborn attitude, it's pretty hard to make her stay, but I am fucking making sure of it.

I really pity her faith. A few months ago, I wanted to get rid of her. Now that she came at her will, I changed my mind. "Ms. Merlyn, I need to think, so give me some time." "What, but why? I am not getting what's there to think. I thought finally you would be happy after seeing my resignation." "Trust me, if I received the same a few months ago, I would be very happy. Give me some time. I will get back to you. Until then, don't bother me. Go and continue with your work."

This bastard—what the hell was his problem? He wanted to get rid of me. I am complying with the same. What the hell happened? He is taking the time to accept my resignation. Don't tell me he got to know about his psychopath, but why the hell is he giving a second thought to accepting my resignation? Is he up to something once again? What possibly can he do now, like nothing?

Still, she was sitting in the cabin, of course, battling with her pros and cons. If this one was that genius, she would have given her resignation when I wanted; it was too late for everything. Trust me, Ana, sometimes unknowingly you will invite things, and I will make sure to give them to you. "Ms. Merlyn, don't put too much pressure on your brain; I highly doubt you have any; if you do, I bet it won't work when it is necessary, so get out and continue with your work." By cursing me, she exited my cabin.

Why? I am not letting go of this one, which was my biggest question. Everything is falling apart in my life, and Ana will only be an addition to my problem. Still, she needs to stay; whether she is useful or not barely matters. After a few days, she will approach me once again regarding her resignation. By that time, I need to get some hold of her, or else she will fucking create a scene. Maybe she will walk out without relieving too. I should come up with something sooner, which would be better.

It's been 15 days, and that jerk has not accepted my resignation nor given any reason. I was making my way toward his cabin on permission when I entered. "Mr. Anderson, still, you have not accepted my resignation. I want to be relieved soon. Why are you taking so much time?" "Good morning. Ms. Merlyn was expecting you; please take your seat."

Recently, there has been so much development in her life. Staying with me, she has learned a few things and become a good investor. No wonder she wanted to be relieved so soon. I should be very proud of myself for teaching her some investment stuff. I have come up with a plan, step by step, that I should enact. If she finds out, I'm sure she will kill me, and trust me, I thought of every possible way, and I couldn't come up with anything to get rid of Patricia. By weighing the consequences, if you ask me, I can die in the hands of Ana rather than in the hands of Patricia. I can't let Patricia enter my life, not at any cost. I have to use Ana to get rid of Patricia. I don't have any choice.