Lion 3: Straight To Video

"Hmmm...." Steven stood looking around the 'Big Doughnut'. Even after ten minutes of staring around he still couldn't think to what he could buy.

"Still don't know what to buy?" Came the voice of Sadie over the counter. "Maybe ask Lion." She points to where he was sleeping on the floor.

At the mention of his name, he perked up. He zoomed over to where the boxes of 'Lion Lickers' were looking up at Steven hopefully.

"Yuck!! Lion Lickers are the grossest ice creams ever!!" Steven stuck his tongue out. "I don't know why you are obsessed with them."

"Maybe because he's a lion?" Sade inquired.

"Maybe..." The bell chimes as he and Lion leave, he didn't find anything interesting.

Going out, he noticed it was getting dark. The sun was no longer shinning so brightly on the boardwalk. He could even count the tiny stars in the sky.

Rushing into the house, he failed to notice Lion following him in. Steven quickly dressed in pajamas and jumped straight to bed.

Sleep immediately surrounded him. A lovely city landscape and even dogcopter flying next to him. All of dogcopters speech made no sense. Just garbled positive encouragements.

Until.

"Breathe in."

Huh?

He opened his eyes to a pink grass dimension, with a tree on an island in the middle. He tried to breathe before realizing there was no oxygen.

"EUUGGHHH!!!" Steven threw Lion sideways off his face.

"What was that-? Lion?" He looked over to the pink feline. "Why are you on my bed, wait. Did you always have a magical dimension in your mane?"

Steven looked again as Lion rubbed his mane near him again.

"Hmmm..."

Tentatively, he pointed his hand into the colorful mane. A glow surrounded the area where his hand touched the mane. Slowly, Steven crawled into the magical mane of Lion.

He opened his eyes back into the pink dimension. There on the island lay a few things, a rose flag, a chest, a bubble, and a tape.

A tape labeled "For Steven".

Steven quickly got out of the mane and down the stairs, almost forgetting to put shoes on. Finally he got to the Big Doughnut.

Sadie was closing up shop. He almost felt bad for annoying her but this seemed important.

"SADIEEEE!!!" He called.

"What?"

"Remember the television in the back room? Does it have a tape importer?"

"Yes, why do you ask?" She seemed confused.

He showed her the tape. Reluctantly, she allowed him into the store. In the break room, she popped the recording in.

"..."

A woman stood in front of the camera. A beach behind her, the same one from Beach City. She had long dark pink hair, styles on coils. She also wore a white dress.

"Isn't it remarkable, Steven?" The woman finally said. This world is full of so many possibilities."

"Each living thing has an entirely unique experience. The sights they see, the sounds they hear, the lives they live, are so complicated and so simple." She looked up to the camera.

"I can't wait for you to join them."

Then something else crossed her eyes. She seemed sadder.

"Steven, we can't both exist. I'm going to become half of you."

"And I need you to know that every moment you love being yourself, that's me loving you and loving being you. Because you're going to be something extraordinary, you're going to be a human being."

Finally she looked back up to the camera with stars in her eyes. "Take care of them, Steven."

"..."

The tape popped out of the television. Steven seemed confused. Who was this Rose lady?

"Uhhh..." Sadie seemed lost for words.

"I don't know..."

Finally Steven ran back to the house, not before waving Sadie goodbye. And noticed his Mom there.

"Hey, Mom? Who's Rose?"