Mama Obsidian

One pink and black eye looked upwards.

Obsidian stared at the baby. Her baby. Steven.

Sitting in the new house-addition to the temple, she cradled him. A part of Obsidian was anxious at the new arrival. What if something happened to him while she was on a mission?

She knew Greg wouldn't always be there; he was a musician and would occasionally go on tours. And she knew those tours sometimes took weeks.

"I just hope a corrupted gem doesn't get to him when we're on a mission." Rose anxiously thought.

"Another reason why we chose not to have the house made of wood." Pearl's thoughts drifted in Obsidian.

The house-addition was reinforced with steel and a plastic-like material in the outer part of the house was made to look like wood.

She snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the sound of a door opening. She turned to see Greg in the door with milk formula.

"Ohhh he unbuttoned the buttons I buttoned up!" Greg gasped.

Obsidian giggled. Looking down at Steven, he really had unbuttoned his onesie. She could see his dia-rose quartz gem peeping.

While Obsidian herself didn't have much of a romance towards Greg, she knew he was Rose's favorite. They would unfuse at times for Rose to spend time with Greg.

Looking more at the gem, she hoped he could last and live as long as she had. Obsidian had done many tests to try and make a gem that wouldn't harm the environment.

And it worked [For now, an anxious part of her answered] her little baby Steven was here.

Of course the main thing was that she had to clone Rose's gem, but still, a new gem.

"He is so small."

"Well that's how babies are,"

Even though Obsidian usually shortens herself to a much smaller height [about 7'6 feet], she was still amazed at how much smaller Steven was.

She placed one of her six arms to Steven, stoking his rosy cheek. A small part of her yelped in surprise when he grabbed her finger.

Obsidian cuddled Steven closer to her. The Rose part of her almost started crying. He reminded her so much of —. "I love you so much my baby." Humming a lullaby to him, she rocked him to sleep. He was too precious. Obsidian started crying, slightly, for real. She would never allow what happened to— to happen to him. She would keep him safe and happy.