Ch 3: Roomies......unfortunately

"And this year's Head Boy and Head Girl are Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger. Once the feast is over, they will look for the prefects and lead them and the others to their respective dormitories. I expect every duty to be administered. May the Feast begin!"

With that Professor McGonagall sat down along with the other teachers and offered a decent betting price as Slughorn roared off laughing .

"Way to go 'Mione-Head Girl and Draco Malfoy's girl in one year!"Harry applauded her as he and Ginny teased her like the good old times they had together, yet it was also so different. There was..a change in the air or something more poetic Hermione would like to think of.

Hermione smiled to herself, proud to have made at least one goddamn dream of hers come true. A lot of surprises awaited her, she knew. Draco Lucius fricking ferret-ass Malfoy as the prime. But still, Hakuna Matata.

'But how could that Slytherin dumbass be THE Head Boy?',she thought wildly to herself. She suddenly gasped,"Oh god! That means I have to literally spend all my day around him!"

"Good lord Granger. I always thought you were the smartest witch of our age. Why a sudden realization? Now come on, we have to get going. The students are dispersing",a silky yet deep voice called from behind, turning to see the han(cough cough)ferret standing there. His arms folded across his chest, waiting patiently for her.

Hermione quickly scrambled to her feet, embarrassed to have abandoned her duties."Are you being responsible Malfoy?",she asked getting up.

They walked to the far end of the Great Hall where the Prefects were standing. Hermione and Draco explained to them in gist the rules of the Prefects. They obliged to their duties-Hermione going with the girl Prefect and Draco with the boy.

After about 30 minutes, the Hallways were completely empty. Hermione and Draco met outside their new dormitory where the short mustached man in the portrait quickly led them in, seeing their badges. The atmosphere inside was buzzing with life.

Neville and Luna were sitting in the love seat-hand in hand-talking about Hippogriffs. Harry and Ron extremely noisily playing Wizard's Chess; Blaise and Theo with bottles of firewhisky, probably smuggled in my Dean and Thomas, who btw were uh..intensely making out; and there were Lavender and Ginny keeping themselves busy with firewhisky and boy talk.

Hermione and Draco looked at each other and shrugged."Guess everything is fine then."Draco smirked, obviously amused by the undivided attention his best friend was giving to the read headed Gryffindor female. Hermione was worried that they would all make a scene or throw lame insults at each other because of the whole Gryffindor-Slythering riot thing. But everyone had moved on for the greater good. And after all, second chances should be deserved.

"Well let's go check....'the' bedroom then."Hermione cautiously commented, careful not to call it 'theirs'.Cause that would be weird. Wouldn't it?

"I still can't believe why McGonagall set us of all people as roommates and us of all people as Head Boy and Head Girl. I mean, that's like setting up the most gorgeous and charming man on Earth to cope with a teacher's pet and a major konw-it-all.Know what I mean?

Draco mocked her, but opening the door for her to let her in first like the imperfectly perfect gentleman that  he was.

"Oh shut up, will you, you pompous ferret-ass"Hermione drawled on, but noticed the kind gesture as well.

"Okay roommate ground rules,"they unised at the same time, looked at each other weird, blushed like kindergarteners and coughed like preschoolers."Okay you go first."Draco implored, quickly back to his sense."Hm.Rule-1:Respect Privacy. That means do not look at other people's breasts while they talk"

Draco smirked,"Oh you think too highly of yourself, but honestly there's nothing much to look at. Nice wand, btw"

Hermione totally red in the face stuttered,"Well yours will no longer be if you keep on talking" grabbing a book and crawling to one side of the bed.

YUP. ONE BED. AS IN SINGULAR. REALLY MCGONNAGALL WENT TO EXTENTS.

"Night Granger. Don't dream or at least try your best not to dream about a certain wand."Draco grinned lopsidedly as he got to the bed and turned off the light , which prohibited Hermione from reading her new favorite book, which kept changing with almost every book she read. She hit him hard on the head with the 600 pages thick book she was holding in her hand.

"Oi! How did you even get me in the dark you violent woman!"Draco rubbed the part on his head which had been hurt by the sudden force with which it was struck."You're a tad bit annoying to miss, you leech""Well I know that obviously. But what the hell is a le-"

He was politely cut off by another hit on the head with a table lamp.

"Fine!!I'll shut up !I don't want a whole wardrobe thrown at me next time. God! You women!"Draco almost cried out, covering himself with his hands, bloody scared of Hermione.

"Goodnight Malfoy", she said finally getting some peace. Never in a million years did she think that she would be roommates with Draco Malfoy-the ultimate bad boy persona of Hogwarts. Well some things change, she supposed. And to her utter surprise, she smiled.