Ch 2: The Speech

(A/N: That's Minerva and Albus! Young love!)

'Now as you all must know students,this year will be a little bit different.We have all suffered from the most horrendous impact on our lives owing to certain circumstances that took place over the past year.

For the first years-welcome to a new era at Hogwarts-School of Witchcraft and Wizardy.You ar all lucky to start your journey with fresh minds and fresh company.For the seventh years,well there's really not much to say.Your feelings are deeply requited by me.

Many have rejected the offer to repeat their seventh year.I compltely understand their state of mind.But for the ones who have courageously volunteered to complete their last year in a fairly happy note,let me announce that you are in for a treat",Mc Gonagall's  voice boomed across the Great Hall as the students sat with their peers,some who's feet did not yet touch the ground,while some who's feet rested firmly on the ground,happy for a little enthusiasm and innocence in their lives at last.

Hermione was sitting with her friends at the Gryffindor table.She scrutinized the air of the Great Hall as silence filled the area,everyone eager to know about the big news.

McGonagall began once again,"Houses were established at Hogwarts to support the friendly yet competetiveness among our fellow students.Over the years the idea and use of Houses-namely Gryffindor,Hufflepuff,Ravenclaw and Slytherinhas drastically changed.Stereotypes ruling over the minds of people have infact led to the war led by Voldemort,a boy names Tom Riddle,whose mind was reigned by blood prejudice.

Therefore we have decided that for the Seventh Years,House Dormitories will not be available.All the seventh years have been assigned to different dormitories in another wing og this enchanted school.A group of Seventh Years will be chosen to live in a particular dormitory.And for clarification, your room partners ahve already been asigned for you.

And let me remind you that this is all for your good.Trust us,we professors have always been there for you.Everything happens for a reason.The names of the groups are as follows:

Group 1 assigned to 8th wind via the Vanishing Staircase.They are:

Ronald Weasely and Harry Potter

Blaise Zabini and Ginny Weasely

Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood

Theodore Nott and Pansy Parkisnson

Lavender Brown(sorry) and Leo Valdez(not sorry)

and lastly, Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy"

Oh no.OH NO.NO NO NO NO NO.This is Impossible.This MUST be a nightmare.There was no fricking ay she was to be living in the SAME ROOM as DRACO FRICKING MALFOY let alone within a mere 5 m radius every.single.day of the whole.year.Nope,definitely heard wrong.Yes,of course.

Hermione quickly looked at Ginny,who all but smirked at her utter disbelief.

'Well as godmother,all I want is yours and Malfoy's firstborn child',Ginny said,as orange juice went flying from Hermione's mouth.

Hermione gasped in horror,forming an o-shaped mouth.Harry overheard the remark and broke into fits of laughter,but quickly shut up,seeing his best friend's murderous looks.

Ron rolled his eyes.As if it was an idea too disgusting for his precious mind to accommodate."Come on 'Mione he's a deatheater.Treat him like one.Bloody Slytherin."

They all looked at him,annoyed and shocked.But before they could reply,Professor McGonagall had once again started talking.