dєn σf dєmíѕє

Y/N

Breathe through your nose.
Visualize his hard eyes staring into mine, empowering me without words.
Smell the pungent leather of his jacket and the stark sulfur of the infamous matches he held between his teeth, ready to set my world on fire by allowing me the strength to strike them.
Feel the coarseness of the masculine calluses built up on his hands as they firmly grip my soft flesh.
Hear the soft reluctant sigh slip through his lips as he trails your fingers along his tattered and torn skin, finally learning to embrace the loving touch.

With my heart rate slowed and the drool spilling down my chin, I open my eyes to the darkness of the trunk, utilizing every available sense I have.

After swallowing the pill in the bathroom at our family home, I walked out to find Callum’s security already zip-tying Yoongi as he screamed into the duct tape silencing him. I knew it wouldn’t be easy, but lucky for me, Taehyung was ahead of the game. He’d already taught me what to do.

They drove wildly, throwing our bodies around in the back of some blacked-out trunk together. I panicked alongside Yoongi, who was thrashing around violently, screaming muffled obscenities into his tape. When the vehicle finally stopped, I inhaled a deep, calming breath, and my mind went to him.

Those days spent with Taehyung alone at his cabin were nothing short of an educational experience set to bring me to this moment. We wasted not a minute of time spent together. I’d learned a lifetime of information crammed into a single week. Everything was a game to him, or so I’d thought. The chase into the woods, being tied up and used at his mercy, being cared for afterwards as everything I’d learned during our lessons was broken down.

From the flick of my wrist throwing the blades to the ability to escape his traps, here I sit, contorted into the back of this trunk, sitting on a gold mine of skills set to free us. To free him.

He’d always known it’d come to this moment.

The moment he’d finally let go and watch as his bud bloomed into his savage rose, bleeding nothing but strength and courage from her petals. The stem, built with the most destructive thorns of empowerment they’d ever known. A warrior arising from the soiled dirt of the institution meant to choke me dry.

They were always wrong about him. He’d always maintained his faith.His faith in me.

I’d left my wrists side by side while they zip-tied me together at the house, ensuring that whenever they were taking us, I’d be able to get out of them, just as he’d shown me. Sure enough, turning my palms together, I was able to create a little bit of wiggle room in order to shimmy my way out of them, one hand at a time. Ripping the tape from my mouth, I face Yoongi

“Shhh, calm your breathing.” I place my hand on his face beside me as he thrashes and confused mumbles leave his throat.

He finally does as I ask before I rip the tape off his face, swallowing his pain while I feel around him for the trunk latch.

“Fuck, Y/n! How did you...?”

“We’re going to get out of here,” I interrupt, determined as ever.

“Wait,” he says, sounding breathless. He sighs heavily, and I can practically feel the guilt lacing his pause. “I’m sorry.” Something washes over me. It’s not anger for a past I’ve yet to learn. It’s understanding.

“I’m so fucking sorry. I should’ve told you what I’d discovered. That you and I weren’t really...”

“We are.” I stop him. “You’re more my family than anyone I’ve ever known.”