dαrkєѕt σf αngєlѕ

Y/N

You’d think being around a trained assassin who routinely kills for a living and enjoys inflicting and receiving pain would have me sweating bullets, but that reality is far from the truth. As it stands, Taehyung  brings more peace and protective comfort than I’ve ever known. The building I’m approaching,however, has me shaking in my plaid skirt.

Killers. Real killers reside here. People who use and abuse their authority to control the masses. Using the disguise of an institution of love and faith to commit their sick acts of selfish crime.

They sent men to Taehyung to find and murder him. It was unclear to me who called the hit, but by the incessant rumbling of curse words falling from his mouth as he dug those body-sized holes on his property, I’d imagine he wasn’t expecting it at all.

His attitude had changed. He wasn’t the man who held me against his bare chest this morning. He wasn’t the man who brought my fingertips to his abdomen for a calming caress. He was visibly frustrated, with nothing but hatred and cold-hearted betrayal pouring from his fiery eyes. Probably more mad at himself than anything.

I could almost read his thoughts as his tight jaw clenched while he kicked the second man into the dirt. He hated himself for becoming soft for me. For allowing these men to get the upper hand and catch him in a moment of weakness, something this trained assassin clearly wasn’t used to.
Which was why I pressed Taehyung to move forward with the plans we had set in motion.

Acting the part, I enter the building amongst the hushed voices and sideeyed stares. I knew word of my disappearance had traveled. The students were well aware the only female Magnus Princeps had gone missing in search of her parents in the bush after the release of the flagrant video of theirs truly seducing the beloved man in line to become the next bishop.

Words like slut, whore, and sinner were being murmured in the dark corners of the hallways. Girls suppressed their giggles and boys eyed me like never before as I passed door after door until coming upon our classroom.
The one we were meant to use together on our mission to educate the youth.

Keeping their faith in an institution of control and lies. My heart sinks when I think of Brady still being locked within the confines of this prison.

Sain’s head snaps up from the podium where he was looking over lesson plans before the students filed in. His eyes grow wide and worrisome as his shoulders sag with relief, and it appears the air is taken from his lungsentirely. He pushes off the wood, circling around until he stops directly before me. His hands curl into fists near his sides as if to prevent himself from touching me.

Worry floods me like an inescapable wave, threatening to have me backing down from the plans at hand.

I push past my fears and make the first move. Opening my arms, I wrap them around his tight core, pulling him against my front. He stalls for a moment, sucking in a breath before his muscular arms wrap around me, his palm holding my neck to his chest as his thumb slowly runs along my jaw. I breathe in his minty musk, reorienting myself.

There’s a strange comfort in his hold. Maybe one of a life I used to know, where things made sense behind blind eyes. My naivety, providing some sort of strange familiarity to a time where my priorities were simply to gain the respect of my elders while developing my relationship with God and strengthening my faith.

Now, as we hold each other, secrets and lies reside between both parties, death and deception providing the bricks to the wall that divides us.

I pull back from his embrace, looking up and into the eyes of a man I once thought I could trust.
“Y/n,” he breathes, gripping my face with both of his hands, his caress gentle and warm.