chαѕíng prєч

Y/N

My eyes are heavy as I feel the sleep catching up to me in my race against the clock.

Getting a full night’s rest before another day of teaching classes, then picking out a dress for attending a Governor’s Ball should be all I’m concerned with at the moment.
But of course, Taehyung  has my mind.

He’s infiltrated that space of curiosity that’s grown into something I can’t ignore. Like a virus, he plagues me with the overwhelming need to know more. I’d say it was to protect myself from him, but the truth is, he could’ve killed me already. It’s his reasons for not that have me needing to know more.

I wait here in the dark, behind the door to my bedroom, listening for any sign of him. He always comes, but when? I haven’t the slightest clue.

The afternoon sun had set, and the night crept in around me like a blanket of anxious torture, clinging to my shoulders, never leaving. After his abrupt departure post-shower, he left me wondering where he went. Where does this man reside when not outside my home? What’s his profession, if any at all? Does he have family or close relations nearby? Surely there must be answers. A man doesn’t just pop up out of the blue with intimate knowledge of who you are without some history himself, especially not in this town.

I thought for sure that Sain would’ve called or stopped by to ensure I was alright after the event that went down when he dropped me off, but I’ve yet to hear from him.

Feeling my eyelids droop, I look across the room at the clock on my nightstand one last time.

3:13 A.M.

I’ll just rest my eyes for a second. Only a second.

As soon as I give myself the chance to do it, I’m startled
straight by the sound of creaking wood. My heart races as blood rushes through my ears.

He’s here.

Sure enough, I hear faint footsteps pad their way up the stairs as if he just simply let himself in the locked front door. Slowly sliding myself up the wall into a standing position, I grasp the switchblade between my fingers, sliding it until I get a firm hold of it in my palm.

The footsteps grow near as the wooden floor gives way to his location. I swallow down any last fears I may have as the brass doorknob slowly turns. The door pushes open and I can smell him before I can see him.Leather, sulfur, and the musk of man. So signature.

Steadying my breathing, I watch as he walks forward into the room, the light of the moon just barely illuminating his outline. The tall, lengthy man with broad shoulders and a slim waist. His shaggy hair is exposed, tossed in a mess atop his head, and I wonder if he’s wearing his mask.

Who are you, Taehyung?

He walks towards my bed before tossing the rosebud into the trash. His creepy calling card. I lurk near the wall behind him; my arm out, the knife pointed directly at the back of his neck.His hand reaches out before him, grabbing the blankets on my bed into a slow fist. It’s funny how I can sense his anger just by the maddening grip of his large, tense hand, clearly visualizing the lack of a certain someone in the bed before him.

I take another step forward, trying to regulate my breathing, when his head turns ever so slightly, exposing his ear to me.
“What do you want from me?” I demand in the dark, now holding the tip of the knife to the back of his neck.

He turns towards me, allowing the tip of the knife to run along the skin, a red scratch forming in its wake.
My eyes trail up to his mouth, where a smug grin is forming. He’s wearing a new mask tonight. It’s a partial skull that’s cracked across his face in a jagged line, leaving a chiseled cheekbone, partial jaw, and his full lips exposed. His eyes seem darker. Colder than earlier, if that’s even possible for someone with his lack of a soul.