My life is Shit

Alastor POV

I opened my eyes. What had happened? I knew I was in my room, on the bed.

My mother...she was very close to me, I could feel it...

Everything no longer made sense. I almost slept with Angel and I couldn't control my emotions anymore. What am I doing here and, above all, how do I get out of here? I needed to talk to Angel.

A pain stabbed through my thoughts.

I looked down at myself under the blanket. I was completely connected. All the bandages were bleeding through a bit. I tore them off my body. I deserved to suffer... in my opinion.

I curled up like an embryo and wrapped my hands around my stomach.

Tears ran down my face and I remembered the time when my mother was still there.

"My life is so shit..." I mumbled and shortly afterwards there was a knock.

"Al?Alastor??" I heard but didn't say a word. I wiped away my tears and tried to sound as inconspicuous as possible. I conjured up my Overlord outfit and went to the door. Step by step, and each step made me crooked more. It hurt so much.

I opened the door. "Good morning darling, how are you?" I greeted Charlie.

"Good morning Al. You're already in your clothes. Is it all healed up yet? Are you all right?" Charlie wanted to know

"Oh my princess, don't worry I'm fine," I grinned.

Just a few seconds later, I grabbed my stomach because the pain was too strong.

"Are you sure?" asked the devil's daughter.

I nodded.

"All right, breakfast will be ready soon..." she pointed out and disappeared.

I exhaled deeply and inhaled again. "I can do this..." I said to myself and immediately heard my mother's voice: "Alastor... I believe in you, you can do this..." Tears ran down my face. Again.

When I painfully made it to the dining room, I pretended that nothing was wrong. But a grin of pain appeared on my face.

"Alastor? Are you okay..." Husk asked in a low voice.

"Yes of course my friend! Ha ha ha!" I laughed to cover it all up. It took me a minute or so to sit down next to Niffty and Husk. And in that minute I was stared at. "Staring is rude. You know that, don't you?" I said, looking at everyone's faces. 

When I was finally seated, I also started to eat breakfast.