Apis and the Calm Belt

It had been a day since Luffy and the crew evaded the Marines, Smoker, and even Buggy who was still alive.

"Hey! I see a huge flock of birds on the starboard side!" Usopp called from the crow's nest.

Luffy looked in that direction. "That's a lot of birds. You think they found a bunch of fish or something?" she asked Nami.

"Eevee?"

"Could be." Nami shrugged

"I'll get it!" Shouted Luffy as she jumped off the figure head and clenched her fist. "GOMU GOMU NO NET CATCH!" she yelled, thrusting her right arm forward sending it out over the railing and out over the sea, it stretched and stretched before twanging, as she had caught something. "Oh it's big." Luffy said as her arm started to spring back.

But then she noticed something off. She did not feel any scales but cloth. Was it a person?

"Ah!" Eevee and Sanji got out of the way in time, but the rubber arm proceeded to crash into the sleeping Zoro sending him flying overboard.

"Ah! Sorry Zoro! Man, I gotta work on that..." Luffy yelled as she got Empoleon to get Zoro.

The crew turned to what their captain fished out. "It's a little girl."

------------

Usopp was just replacing the wet cloth on the girl's head when she sprung awake with a start, headbutting him and knocking him to the floor. "OUCH!" She said.

"Wow, you woke up earlier than we thought." Nami said as they were all in the kitchen.

"Bet your hungry, just stay right there and I'll whip something right up." Sanji called over his shoulder from the small stove.

"What's your name?" Nami asked her.

The girl frowned. "Before asking a person's name you should state your own first."

"Oh right. Well, I'm Nami," Nami started. "The cook is called Sanji. The one you knocked out is Usopp. The guy with the frown and green hair is Zoro."

"Shut it."

"And I'm Luffy the captain of this ship, and this is Eevee." The ravenette smiled. as the other girl's jaw hit the ground, and she froze in place with a look of terror. "We're heading to the Grand Line........you okay hun?" she asked in concern.

-----------------

The little girl had the blanket they'd given her wrapped around her tightly, and she was trembling. Luffy volunteered to stay with her, and she placed her hand on the girl's shoulder, the girl practically jumped a mile in the air and shot backward.

"You, you come to finish me off pirate!" The girl trembled.

"No of course not I just came to see how you were doing." She said.

"You scared I'll run off or something?!" The girl accused glaring at her.

"Not at all, but we did help you from drifting in the ocean, you were about to sink." Luffy said as she decided to make some pokepuffs. "Not to mention you didn't eat anything at dinner. My chef won't poison you either. He's too kind for that. He may be a pirate but he's a chef first, that would be an insult to him."

--------

After talking with Apis and even giving her Pokepuffs.

"So you're on the run from Marines? Why would they target you?" The captain asked in concern as the others were in the room too.

But Apis wouldn't reveal why.

"What's with that?" Usopp complained.

Sanji turned around from where he was washing the dishes. "What's the big deal. She must have her reasons."