Deceit and Tears

Luffy and Eevee did not like where things were going as they watched the corrupt Marines get to a house in a tangerine grove.

"Hello, officer. Is there something you need here?" Nojiko stepped forward, in front of Nami and shielded her from the marines. As if they never heard or saw either woman, the rat faced marine raised his arm into the sky and ordered his men.

"Men! Find the gold. Stolen property that belongs to us is here. Therefore, find it no matter the cost," he yelled, his voice a high pitched mess of squeaks and jitters. Immediately the marines went into action, barged into the house behind the women and tore things around. Things shattered and broke from inside, and even floorboards tore up under the barrage of the marines.

"Wait, what are you doing? This is not why I called you!" Gen yelled, only for the rat marine to throw a punch at him. Right at the point where the ribcage seperates. The old man went down, crashed into the ground and hacked. Violently coughed and breathed so that some of the air returned to him. At the sight, Nojiko raced forward and fell to the man's side.

"Captain Nezumi, we can't find the gold anywhere."

"It can't be that hard to find it, it's one hundred million belli," Nezumi cried back, the marines piled back out in the field and awaited orders. Some direction they lost. "Try the field, maybe they buried it!"

This order sent both women into an uproar. The first to move, Nojiko attacked the marines that tore up the field. And on the other hand, Nami attacked Nezumi.

"How did you know that amount! ?" Nami yelled, broke out her connected staff and swung at the man. But lacked proper power in the swing, so it ended up knocked away. Easily sent the red head to the ground. "You work for Arlong, don't you?!" She shouted, but unable to rise she laid prone against the ground. Cried and cursed.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Nezumi said, waved off his hand and then smiled. "Attacking an officer of justice is a high crime though. Hand over the gold, and I will spare you."

"Get away from my sister, you rat bastard," Nojiko yelled, took the man by surprise and landed a hit to his face. He tumbled and hit the ground, while Nojiko picked Nami up off the ground. Shushed her and took the other into her arms. Then stepped back, just in time as the marine pulled something from his jacket. The sound a gun being locked, launched Luffy from her spot in hiding. Pulled the gun up from Nojiko's head, so it fired into the sky.

Luffy stood there in a fury as she squeezed the man's fist as it cracked and he howled in pain.

"Luffy?" Nami whispered under her breath, while the others watched on.

"Attacking a-" but then Nezumi had been silenced by handcuffs slapped on his wrists.

Behind him was two people, a man with a strange purple hairstyle and the other was a mint green haired woman in a strange attire. Her hair was done in a Karen haircut with two tuffs sticking out as it they were ears. She also had two antlers.

"Nezumi, you are under arrest for misconduct and misuse of rank and authority." The man, Agent Pudding-Pudding said.

The woman turned to the civilians.

"Sorry for that. I'm Alastra, investigative reporter and detective. We've been on Nezumi's trail for quite a while. From what we found, he has been taking bribes from Arlong for eight years, we caught onto it after we found one of his men spending suspicious money at the other island over." The green woman said.

"What?" Genzo asked shocked.

"Arlong never intended to keep his promise, Nami. Think about it. Do you think he'll let you leave him so easily?" Luffy asked.

Gen gained a furious look and rose up onto his feet and he and Nojiko left to town.

"You've done enough. Now we'll fight," Nojiko said, her words were enough that the tears stopped. And her body stilled. Slowly, Nami pulled away from Luffy, and stood on her own.

"You can't fight Arlong! He'll kill you all!" Nami shouted, threw her arms up and out so to block their path. But they both went around her, picked up the marines weapons and kept walking.

"And you'll die if you stay with him. And we'll all die when the money stops circulation. In the end, we must carve our own futures," Nojiko said, and then disappeared into the forest with Genzo. Unable to do anything else, Nami stood and watched them disappear. Shoulders shaking, it broke something in Nami. Something that stayed complacent all those years. Ducking down, Nami picked her staff back up. Took off and never looked back.

"Shouldn't we stop them?" Pudding-Pudding asked.

"We can't get an Admiral here in time as they are all in the Grandline." Alastra said then saw Luffy and Eevee go off. "For now, take Nezumi and his men into custody."

-----------

By the time Luffy and Eevee caught up to Nami, the people already held makeshift weapons. Readied themselves for the battle ahead of them, armed with some guns and other, feebler, weapons. They stood a good fifty strong, maybe a little more.

But all untrained. And even though they fought to live, only death awaited them. It marred their faces, their conviction. That at least if they died, Nami would live and be freed from the burden of protecting them.

Luffy only watched from the distance, it wasn't her place to approach a family like this.

Her crew sat or stood in different areas, and watched on as Nami threatened her family, attempted to stop them from fighting Arlong. Vaguely noticed that both Yosaku and Johnny disappeared somewhere. Then noticed the villagers as they ran past her, barreled down the street.

Nami's tears fell, while her arm raised a knife. Flinchingly, Luffy watched, as Nami stabbed her left shoulder. Over and over and over as she cursed Arlong and cried, more blood was liberated from the arm. Fell down into small rivers and streams, which converged into a small lake at her hand. It clung between her fingers, those digits that twitched restlessly with each brutal stab.

Unable to bear the sight any longer, Luffy crossed the distance and caught the knife. Nami's wrist quaked as she dropped the knife. It clattered and rang against the dirt, soiled more of the land in blood.

"Nami. Let me help you," Luffy plainly said.

"You don't know anything, just get out of here!" Nami yelled as she threw dirt at Luffy but she didn't flinch.

"That doesnt matter now. If I stop, you know what will happen. You are my friend, and I will not see you suffer any longer. I will not see you lose what you love. If you ask me, I will help." Luffy said.

"Luffy......help me...." Nami cried.

Luffy took her Strawhat and put it on Nami's head.

"I will. We will." She said as Nami noticed that the others stood ready for their captain's order.

"We got work to do." Luffy said as Eevee growled from her shoulders.

The boys nodded as they walked.

--------------

Past the gathered people of Cocoyashi village, Jasmine stood at the side door of Arlong Park. The large compounded surrounded by large and thick walls, decorated with their banner. The people before had no luck in breaking it down, and even Yosaku and Johnny stood outside. Beaten and bloody. It only fueled her anger towards the fishmen even more.

Luffy took out a Wave Ball as Empoleon came out to the shock of the people.

"Empoleon. Knock down the door." Luffy said.

Empoleon obliged with a Powerful Hydro Pump.

It blasted the door open to the shock of the Fishmen and Luffy stood there.

"Which of you is Arlong?"

----------
Plz comment