Chapter 66-70

Chapter 66: Just Two Ants

How did Du Yuan get involved with Xiao Liang?

From the looks of it, the two green-clothed men were chasing after Xiao Liang.

Their strength was at the second level of the Supreme realm.

Du Yuan's strength was also at the second level of the Supreme realm.

Fighting one versus two, Du Yuan was obviously not their match and had suffered some losses.

Chu Xuan was slightly surprised. Although Du Yuan was an itinerant cultivator, he had obtained a fortuitous opportunity and the cultivation technique he cultivated was not weak.

Even if the two men in green came from a major power with a storied history, Du Yuan should have been able to deal with them.

After interacting with Du Yuan for so long, Chu Xuan had a very good understanding of Du Yuan's capability.

He had once crossed a minor realm and killed an enemy who was stronger than he was.

It could be seen from this that Du Yuan's strength was plenty strong. In the past, he could be said to have been a Heaven's blessed-level character.

Examining the situation again, Chu Xuan came to a sudden understanding.

Du Yuan, an expert at the second level of the Supreme realm, was actually still using a low-grade emperor-level weapon.

The two green-clothed men, on the other hand, were using mid-grade emperor-level weapons.

......

It was already a one versus two situation so, coupled with the fact that his opponents had the advantage in terms of weapon-quality, Du Yuan was naturally at a disadvantage.

Low-grade emperor-level weapons did not amplify Du Yuan's combat strength, and even somewhat hindered him from exerting his full strength.

The mid-grade emperor-level weapons were able to withstand the full strength of their cultivation, allowing them to display their full combat strength. Given such a situation, it would be strange if Du Yuan was not at a disadvantage.

As an itinerant cultivator, it was understandable why the weapon he wielded was a little inferior.

Back then, he had obtained a fortuitous opportunity. He also possessed an excellent cultivation technique as well as medicinal pills. The only thing he lacked was a powerful spiritual weapon.

The emperor-level weapon in his hand was something that he had paid someone a considerable price to forge.

"Hmph! How dare a small itinerant cultivator like you interfere in the matters of the Xiao clan? If it really has nothing to do with you, then surrender. If our investigation doesn't yield any results, I will naturally let you go!" A green-clothed man coldly snorted.

Du Yuan's face was dark. If he surrendered, he would die without a doubt.

Even if they found out that the matter had nothing to do with him, the Xiao clan would not let him go. They would definitely use certain methods to control him and make him one of their lackeys.

At this moment, he was thinking about how to escape.

Fortunately, the small family clan that he was overseeing had never made a move. What happened here would not implicate the small family clan. However, there was no way for him to return there after this.

From the looks of it, he would have to continue on as an itinerant cultivator.

"The Western Region does not belong to your Xiao clan alone. Although I am an itinerant cultivator, the two of you must think clearly whether or not you really want to force me to fight to the death!"