Chapter 4

It was not time to eat yet. The servants delivered food at a fixed time, and when the time came, two servants always came together.

The butler had arranged specifically for these servants, and unless there was a unique situation, there would not be a change of staff.

Chu Xuan could see through his will perception that the servant who was delivering the food that day was a new person.

In Chu Xuan's will perception, there seemed to be something wrong with this servant.

Chu Xuan frowned slightly. Could it be that someone from the Chu family was targetting him?

There was no reason for this.

He was not favored by Chu Tianming in the direct line of descent of the Chu family, and his uncles had never targeted him before this.

As for his peers, he had already been expelled from the ancestral residence and marginalized.

Therefore, there was no reason for anyone target him.

Although the Chu family was a large aristocratic family, the fights between the direct line of descent were not too intense.

Chu Xuan saw the servant come in and start to place food on the table.

He used his will to scan the food on the table and found that there were a few small insect eggs mixed inside the food.

If he had not broken through to the Profound Realm, he definitely would not have detected the insect eggs mixed in with the food.

The eggs of the poisonous gu?

He used his will to determine that it was just an ordinary poisonous gu's eggs. This was not a threat to Chu Xuan, who was now at the Profound Realm.

The other party did not want to kill him, but instead wanted to control him!

"Thirteenth Young Master, it's time to eat."

After the servant placed the food, he lowered his head and retreated to the side.

Chu Xuan was still lying on the recliner. He looked at the servant and said, "This young master is very curious about something. Who asked you to come today?"

"Hmm?"

The servant was stunned and looked at Chu Xuan. "It was the order of the head butler."

The head butler was the one who brought Chu Xuan here. He was Chu Tianming's confidant as well as the head butler of the Chu family's ancestral residence.

Chu Xuan decided to try the Bewitching Technique on this servant. A servant who had just reached the Qi gathering stage of the Mortal Realm would definitely not be able to resist the control of the Bewitching Technique.

With that, Chu Xuan immediately gathered his spiritual will and cast the Bewitching Technique. Moments later, an invisible wave invaded the servant's will.

In just an instant, the servant no longer even had the strength to resist as his eyes became dull.

"Tell me, who are you? Who asked you to come here?"

A cold light flashed in Chu Xuan's eyes. No matter who had ordered the servant, anyone who dared to harm him would not be forgiven.

Chu Xuan was not strong enough, so he had to endure it for now. However, once he was strong enough, he would kill the perpetrator immediately!

"I'm a cultist. No one asked me to come here. I just saw an opportunity to control you and gain the favor of the heretic elders. That is why I came here..."