Chapter 9-12

Chapter 9:

As expected, killing the cultists who attacked him triggered the system's random reward.

However, this time, the reward was not a cultivation technique, secret technique, pill, or artifact, but a plant.

Spirit Devouring Flower!

Chu Xuan checked the information on the spirit devouring flower.

"Spirit Devouring Flower, a rare plant from heaven and earth. It can devour everything. It especially likes to devour poisons, dark objects, and other things. It also likes to devour corpses. When it's young, it already possesses simple intelligence and can walk. The flower is beautiful and has the power to confuse..."

After reading the description of the Spirit Devouring Flower, Chu Xuan was pleasantly surprised.

With the spirit devouring flower, it was much easier to deal with the corpses.

Other than devouring, the spirit devouring flower also had the miraculous effect of healing the soul. The fruit it produced could cleanse the body and soul, strengthen talent, and increase the power of comprehension.

It had the miraculous effect of helping to break through bottlenecks.

Other than that, the Spirit Devouring Flower's attack was also very powerful.

It could devour the mind and soul, and it could record all the memories of the mind and soul it devoured.

Chu Xuan took out the spirit devouring flower, and a one-meter-tall, small fist-sized tree with colorful flowers appeared.

The branches of the tree were as soft as vines. Not a single leaf could be seen. The entire tree was full of flowers, the fragrance was enchanting, and the flowers were in different shapes, appearing bright and beautiful.

As soon as the spirit-devouring flower was taken out, Chu Xuan detected a faint mental connection with it whereby it immediately recognized him as its master.

"Swallow it!"

Chu Xuan wanted to see the devouring ability of the spirit-devouring flower, so he pointed at the corpse on the ground and ordered.

The roots of the spirit devouring flower were densely packed. After landing on the ground, the plant could actually walk, like a small tree that had turned into a spirit.

In an instant, it arrived in front of the two corpses. The roots instantly spread out like a dense net, covering the two corpses.

The naked eye could easily see that the two corpses were rapidly decomposing under the roots of the spirit devouring flower. In less than half a minute, the corpses disappeared.

Even the clothes on the corpses disintegrated and disappeared.

Not to mention the things carried by the corpses.

After swallowing the corpses, the flower on the spirit devouring flower swayed and became even more beautiful and charming.

Chu Xuan gulped slightly. The spirit devouring flower's consumption was even more impressive than he had expected, and this was while it was still in its infancy.

Looking at the beautiful and charming spirit devouring flower that was swaying in front of him, Chu Xuan decided to try its other magical ability.

It recorded the memories of the spiritual will and soul it had previously devoured.

The two cultists were both profound realm martial artists who had just died. so their spiritual will had not completely dissipated from the world yet. The spirit devouring flower must have devoured their spiritual will.