Chapter 2

Chu Xuan spent most of the day lying on the recliner, reading. He changed several positions but did not receive any system rewards.

It seemed that changing a few comfortable positions would not be enough to trigger the system's random rewards.

In the evening, the person who came to deliver the food was not a servant.

Instead, it was a beautiful woman wearing a green dress.

It was her cousin, Chu Yun.

Chu Yun was the favored daughter of the direct line of descent. Her talent was outstanding. At such a young age, she had already reached the peak of Mortal Realm. Moreover, she had already touched the barrier of the Mortal Gate and was about to break through it and enter the Profound Realm.

"Why are you here?"

Chu Xuan asked in surprise.

Chu Yun put down the lunch box and placed the dishes on the table. She looked up at Chu Xuan and felt that he seemed to have changed.

As she had not yet stepped into the Profound Realm, and since Chu Xuan did not reveal his strength, she could not see Chu Xuan's actual strength.

"Thirteenth Brother, you have to bear with it for a while. When Grandpa's anger subsides, I'll go and beg Grandpa to let you return to the ancestral residence."

Among the brothers and sisters of this generation, Chu Yun and Chu Xuan were the closest.

"There's no need. I'm living very well here. It'll be annoying if I go back. There's no need."

Chu Xuan waved his hand and refused.

Not only did he not plan to go back to the ancestral residence, he did not even plan to step out of the courtyard door.

He liked to stay at home!

"Thirteenth Brother, I'll go and beg Grandfather. He'll definitely agree. He won't be angry with me. Don't worry."

Chu Yun thought that Chu Xuan was afraid that she would implicate him if she begged and that was why he refused.

"There's really no need."

Chu Xuan looked at Chu Yun's determined gaze and was touched. In this world, other than his parents, there were still people who cared about him.

Of course, he knew that after a few days, his cheap Grandfather Chu Tianming's anger would subside. If Chu Yun went to plead for mercy, there was a high chance that he would let him go back.

After all, Chu Yun was the chosen one among the grandchildren. She was deeply loved by Chu Tianming and would not be angry with her over such a small matter.

However, he really did not want to leave.

This place was remote and quiet. It was so comfortable to stay at home.

When he returned to the ancestral residence, others would be annoyed by his presence. They would definitely harass him from time to time.

Chu Yun sat down and ate with Chu Xuan. After chatting for a while, she went back.

Before leaving the courtyard, Chu Yun promised repeatedly that she would plead with Chu Tianming to let him go back to the ancestral residence.

However, it was impossible for him to go back right now, so just stayed here and did not leave.

Chu Xuan lay on the recliner, his posture relaxed.

"You've been staying here for two days. Reward: Dragon Python Spirit Fist!"