hyunsoo - dinner mate

1328 words

-

sora
i'm sorry, i don't think i can come

something came up with my work :(

y/n
it's alright, we can come together next time

remember to eat ur dinner

sora
alright, enjoy ur dinner <3

you sighed once you closed your phone, looking around the restaurant, seeing everyone having their partner beside them. "guess i'm eating alone tonight," you mumbled before going through the menu.

as you were looking at the menu, you had a hard time to choose what you should eat since your best friend, sora always order the food for the two of you, knowing that you'll take a long time to order.

i should probably close my eyes and order whatever my finger lands

"excuse me?"

you turned your head to the owner of voice and noticed it was the sweet old lady that served you. "yes?" you question. "is the other seat available?" she asked, pointing at the seat in front of you. you shook your head and answered, "something came up with my friend so the seat is available," she nodded at your answer, saying, "then, would you mind if a young man sit with you? we're currently out of available seat, we're sorry for the inconvenience."

you looked around the restaurant and realised that the restaurant were indeed full. you smiled and said, "sure, no worries." "thank you for your understanding, darling, i'll take him here," she smiled back and went to take the young man that she mentioned to your table.

guess i'm not eating alone tonight

"here, take a seat, i'll take both of your order later."

the old lady led the young man to your table, placing down the menu before she continued to serve the other customers. you slightly smiled at the young man who's seating in front of you, looking at him as he was placing down his bag. he slightly bowed at you, taking off his mask and cap before smiling back at you.

ooh he's gorgeous

stop that y/n

you shook your thoughts off, continued to look at the menu that you'd been looking at for 10 minutes. the man in front of you took a glance at you, trying to hold his smile as he saw you furrowing your eyebrows when you looked at the menu.

he thought that you were a little too pretty to sit alone at the restaurant.

he cleared his throat and asked, "are you perhaps having a hard time to choose what you should eat?" you looked up from the menu and said, "was it obvious?" your answer made him chuckled, "kinda," he answered. you sighed, "do you have any recommendations?" he looked at the menu and answered, "i heard their soup and rice are good."

he then continued to list out the food that he recommended, leaning closer as he pointed at the pictures at your menu. you nodded along with him, finally knowing what you're going to order. the old lady came to the table, taking out a notepad to write down both of your orders.

"one soft tofu stew for the lady, one dumpling soup for me and can we have a kimchi pancake as well?"

-

you both introduced yourself to each other not long after the old lady took your order. hyunsoo was the young man's name, you needed to say that he looked a little too cute whenever he smiled. at first, you thought that he might be younger than you because of his face but apparently you found yourself a same age friend.

you and hyunsoo continued to talked about each other's day and how you both ended up being alone in the restaurant.

"what about you?" you asked after telling him the reason why you're in restaurant by yourself. "i was supposed to have dinner with my friend but he got tired after our dance practice so i came here by myself," he explained.

"ooh, you dance?" he smiled and nodded at your question. "cool, my younger brother actually got interest into dance a few weeks ago, do you guys have dance class? might bring my brother if you guys have," you asked before taking a sip of your drink. "we do have dance class, you can check the details in our instagram," he answered, showing you their instagram account.

you looked through their account, you saw quite a lot of their dance videos, some were cover dances while some were self-choreographed dances. you never thought yourself to have a thing in man who danced, not until you watched hyunsoo's dance videos.

"you dance really well, hyunsoo," you complimented him, making him flustered a little. "thanks, i guess," he mumbled.

"here is your food, kids"

you and hyunsoo thanked the old lady as she was placing down the food on the table. you both began to enjoy the food that you both ordered. "have some of the kimchi pancake, i ordered it for us to share," he said, pushing the plate of pancake closer to you. you smiled and nodded at him before taking a piece of it to your bowl.

glad that i got myself a dinner mate tonight

-

"did you two enjoy the food?" the old lady came and asked the two of you. both of you nodded and give compliments on the food which made her smile in relief. "i thought that you both will feel awkward that you both needed to share a table but it seems like you both were enjoying each other's company," she said, smiling at you both.

"i'm glad that i'm sharing a table with her, i got myself a new dinner mate," he said, smiling at you. smiling back at him, "we might have another dinner together, who knows?" you joked. the old lady let out a chuckle, "you know, you two look good together."

her words made you and hyunsoo flustered a little, blush slowly creeping out form both of your cheeks. you awkwardly cleared your throat and asked, "uhm where do we pay? it's already getting late," trying to change the topic. "don't worry about that, this young man already paid for the food," she said before walking away to serve another customer.

you looked at him with your mouth slightly opened, "don't tell me you paid for the meal when you went to the washroom," squinting your eyes out of suspicious at him. he avoided your eye contact and nodded at you. "you don't have to, now i'm feeling guilty."

a few moments later, you and hyunsoo got up from your seat, ready to walk out from the restaurant. greeting the old lady one last time, you both left the restaurant with a smile lingering on your faces, promising to come again to the restaurant.

"i should have known that you were going to pay when you went to the washroom," you said,still feeling guilty. "it's alright, i had a great time with you plus you let me to sit with you, if you didn't, i wouldn't get to meet you and i probably would have dinner alone tonight," he reassured, smiling at you who were busy fixing your beanie.

"still, i need to repay you," you paused, thinking for a moment on how to repay him. "how about a dinner this weekend? might need another dinner mate, you know?" you smiled, taking the initiative to ask him out for a dinner.

hyunsoo let out a chuckle after your words, loving the boldness of yours. he thought that your boldness made you more attractive, he liked it a lot. "how about a lunch? we can just sit at a cafe after lunch, i wanna know you more, you know?" he suggested.

"sounds like a plan, now let's exchange our numbers so that i can text you about the lunch," you said, swiftly taking out your phone from your pocket.

"do i need to list down the recommended places for our lunch?"

"yes, i do, hyunsoo."

-

hi :) sorry if there's any grammar errors, was trying to finish it asap. tmi, had 3 draft for hwi's imagine and 2 draft for hyunsoo's imagine, but nothing came up well, that's why i didn't publish anything for 2 months, sorry about that.

votes are always appreciated :)

🎵 fadeaway by boynextdoor