kyungjun - family gathering

1340 words

-

your parents called you a few days back to tell you that they're having a family gathering. luckily, kyungjun's company gave him a two week break, making the both of you able to go on a trip in your hometown.

the two of you went out from your house to your hometown early in the morning, making you feeling sleepy during the journey.

"you know you can sleep right?" kyungjun said while driving. "nope, i promise to accompany you during the journey so that you're not bored," you insisted, wrapping yourself with your blanket. "alright then," he answered.

as he expected, you were already fallen asleep with your head rocking around. he laughed silently, looking at you who said to stay awake to accompany him a few minutes ago.

he carefully lay your head in a comfortable position and adjusted your blanket so that it was fully covering you.

-

"babe, we're here," he softly said, you opened your eyes and saw a familiar place that you hadn't seen for awhile.

you quickly got out from the car when you saw your parents were already waiting outside of the house.

"i miss you guys so much!" you exclaimed, running to your parents. all of you were busy catching up with each other while kyungjun was getting your bags out from the car.

"alright you two, i wanna see my future son-in-law now," your dad said, looking behind seeing kyungjun walking up to them.

"nice to meet you, mr and mrs lee," he smiled, bowing at them. "drop the formality, son, just call us mum and dad," your dad said, ready to hug him. "if you say so," he said hugging him.

"alright, you both can go and rest for a bit until the others come," your mum said, motioning the both of you to get inside.

-

you both unpacked your bags in your room and you gave kyungjun a tour around the house.

"aww you look so cute when you're younger," he said, looking at your old pictures of yours. "so i'm not cute now?" you asked, looking at him with a poker face. he slowly turned to look at you and nervously answered, "n-no that's not what i meant, y-you're always cute in my eyes-" he paused, looking at you who's hiding your laugh. "oh come on, i thought you're going to get mad at me," he said, pouting a little. "you're so cute when you get teased by me," kissing his pout.

you both stop talking when you heard your mum called your name. you both went down and saw your brother with his wife. you run up to him and greeted him.

"oh my, isn't this my lil sister that i haven't seen for ages," taejun said, hugging you. "and i assume that this is the famous kyungjun that you mentioned to me every time when we text," he added, looking at kyungjun. "mmh, i approve him," he said, shaking kyungjun's hand.

"did hyeri came?" you asked, excited to meet your niece. "yup, she's playing in the living room, she missed you a lot," he answered.

"y/n unnie!" you turned around, seeing hyeri was running towards you to hug you. "isn't this my favorite person in the world," you said, hugging her.

so her niece is her favorite person in the world? not me?

deep down in kyungjun's heart, he was kind of jealous when you said that to your niece.

"alright everyone let's eat!" your mum shouted, seeing that everyone had arrived.

-

all of your family members started to gather around the table to enjoy the dishes your mum had prepared.