kyungjun - midnight brownies

1309 words

-

it was late at night, kyungjun let out a yawn as he was closing the door. he walked straight towards bedroom, wanting to freshen up himself.

he opened the door and smiled once he saw you sleeping on the bed in his shirt. he slowly walked towards the bathroom and started to freshen up himself.

while he was taking his shower, you were woken up by the noise that he made in the bathroom. you got up and rubbed your eyes, waiting for him to come out from the shower.

he was humming while coming out from the shower but he flinched a little once he saw you were wide awake. "argh, i knew that i'll wake you up because of the noise, i should've showered another room," he walked towards you and sat on the bed. "it's alright," you mumbled and hugged him.

"i actually wanted to wait for you but i fell asleep when i was watching the drama," you said. "since when did you sleep?" he asked, leaving a peck in your forehead. "since afternoon," you mumbled before snuggling into him. "you must be wide awake now," he said which you nodded.

"well, what are we going to do now? i'm not sleepy enough to sleep yet," he said. you looked at him and said, "you wanna make brownies?"

"oh, you allowed me to go into the kitchen?"

"yeah, since i'm the one who's doing it and you're going to wash the dishes."

wait

i'm the one who's doing the dishes?

he looked at you in disbelief which made you let out a laugh. "i'm kidding, you can help me with the ingredients, honey," you said before giving a peck on his lips. "tsk, i thought you're serious about it," he said, slightly glaring at you.

"come on now, justin," you pulled him out from the bed and dragged him to the kitchen.

you told him to stay still which he did and went to find the ingredients and tools that you both needed for the brownies.

"okay, we can start now."

-

"honey, i already greased the pan," kyungjun said, showing you the pan with a proud face. "great, can you pass me the sugar please?" you said as you were adding the eggs and vanilla extract into the melted butter. he passed you the sugar, you took if from him and added in it.

"do you wanna try to stir it?" you asked after feeling his stares on you. he nodded like a kid and you handed the mixture to him. you smiled softly at him as you looked at him stirring the mixture gently like he's handling a baby.

you took your phone out and took a picture of him. "smile babe!" you said, your phone facing at him. he looked at you and posed a 'v' with his cute smile.

"alright, i'm going to mix the dry ingredients," you said, gathering up the dry ingredients in a place.

while you were sifting the flour in a bowl, kyungjun glanced at you for a few times as if he wanted to ask you something.

"do i still need to stir it?"

you stopped sifting and looked at him, noticing that he was still stirring the mixture. "babe, you can stop if the mixture is already mixed well enough," you chuckled at him.

"oh come on, you should have told me," he sulked, pouting a little. he put aside the mixture and walked towards you. "i thought you'll stop by yourself, babe," you said, feeling him wrapping his arms around your waist.

he stayed at that position as you mixed the dry ingredients into the mixture that he stirred. after mixing it together, you  poured the batter into the pan and let kyungjun to put it inside the oven.

"now, we just need to wait for 20 to 30 minutes," you said before clapping your hands. "what are we going to do to fill in the 30 minutes?" he asked.

"cleaning up duh," you answered, starting to take the bowls to the sink. he silently obeyed you and took the cloth to wipe the table.

"i thought we're going to do something romantic."

-

after cleaning up the mess, you and kyungjun were chilling around at the living room.

"do you wanna do something on our second anniversary?" kyungjun asked, putting down his phone and took your hand to his. "i don't know, i wanna stay at home honestly," you answered. "but, we already stayed at home celebrating last year," he said before kissing your temple.

well, he's right about that

you and kyungjun celebrated your first anniversary together at home. kyungjun even tried to make a small cake for your anniversary.

keyword, he tried.

luckily it was eatable, just not that sweet for a cake, plus he decorated the cake with your favorite chocolate, how can you not like it?

"then, do you wanna celebrate at my parent's shop? i wanna introduce you to them," you said before snuggling into him. "sure, i would like to meet them plus i've been wanting to try their food ever since you told me how good was it," he answered before squishing your cheeks with his hands.

*ding*

"it's done!" you got out from his hug and walked towards to the oven. "come on, at least wait for me," he said before getting up from the couch.

kyungjun stopped you before you could get the brownies out of the oven, he took the oven mitt from you and took the brownies out.

"this looks so good!" he cheered, taking his phone out and took a picture of it. "i think we need to cool it down first," you said, staring at the freshly baked brownies. "oh alright," he mumbled.

while you both were waiting for the brownies to cool down, he took out a tube of vanilla ice cream since he knew you usually enjoy eating brownies with ice cream

"ooh, ice cream," you mumbled, doing a little happy dance of yours, making him smiled at your action. you took out the brownies out from the pan and placed it on the plate.

"gosh, we finally can eat it," he said, looking at the brownies on the plate. "can we eat at the balcony? i wanna see the view," you asked, pointing at the balcony. "sure, just let me grab my hoodie first," he said before going back to your room.

you took both of your plate and placed it on the small table that you had at the balcony. you took a picture of the brownies that you both made while you were waiting for kyungjun.

"wear the hoodie first, honey, it's quite chilly out here."

you turned your head around and saw him handing you his hoodie, you took the hoodie from his hand and wore it.

"now, isn't this romantic? just the two of us enjoying our brownies in the middle of the night," he said, taking a seat next to you. "you're right, maybe we should do this often, you know, doing something in the middle of the night, just the two of us," you said after taking of the brownies.

"off topic but the brownies are so good," he said with his mouth full with the brownies. "chew, babe, chew," you said, putting your plate down, "don't leave me yet, we haven't celebrate our second anniversary yet," you patted his back as he took a sip of his drink.

"gosh, i nearly got choked by our brownies," he said, eyes filled with horror. you just shook your head in disbelief and continued to eat your brownies.

"please don't talk while you were eating again, babe, i still wanna spend more anniversary with you."

"aww, that's sweet, i never thought that you're this swee-"

and yes, he got choked up by the brownies again.

-

please don't talk while you're eating cuz i almost got choked when i'm eating my breakfast this morning. anyways, livelock album by xdz is just amazing.

votes are always appreciated :)

🎵 paranoid by xdinary heroes