taehun - rain

949 words

minseong - y/n younger brother

-

"taehun, hurry up, why are you so slow?," kyungjun said while waiting at the door.

"isn't it because of you huh? you took my notebook beforehand and you have the audacity to give it back to me when i already packed my bag," taehun glared at him while busy stuffing his notebook back into his bag.

"well you should have asked me for the notebook so that i can give it back to you on time," he replied.

"not them bickering again like an old married couple," hwi sighed while junhyeok shaking his head.

"well we got to see them bickering like what? 3 times a week?" hyunsoo questioned.

"nah it's literally everyday since we live together," sungjun added.

all three of them agreed to sungjun's answer.

"come on, we can go now," taehun said while dragging kyungjun with him.

"did you guys bring umbrella? i forgot to bring mine hehe," sungjun sheepishly smiled.

"argh i hate it when it's raining," taehun grumbled.

"just share umbrella with the others," kyungjun said while looking in front. "wait, isn't that taehun's crush?" he asked.

all five of them turned to taehun, smiling teasingly at him.

yup they are teasing me again

"looks like she doesn't have an umbrella, go and walk her home hyung, this is your chance," sungjun wrapped his arm around him.

"yeah, go and walk her home," the others agreed to his idea.

well they be teasing me every day but still help me to get close to y/n

"alright alright, you guys, i'll see you at the dorm," taking out his umbrella and begin to walked to your side.

"bring some fried chicken if things went well," junhyeok shouted.

-

damn it i didn't take my umbrella back from minseong, i can't walk in the rain either, that's why i hate it when it's raining

you were lost in your thoughts, figuring how you should get back home.

"y/n!"

you turned around, revealing taehun who's holding an umbrella on his hand.

"oh hey what's up?" surprised to see him here.

for everyone's information, you kinda have a tiny crush on him ever since you had worked on a project with him.

little did you know, taehun actually liked you way before the project started.

"uhm i guess you don't have a umbrella to walk back to your house?" he asked, looking at you.

"yeah, i forgot to take it back from minseong," you sheepishly replied, looking down your shoes.

"i can walk you home if you want to, i don't mind walking with you," he said, blush creeping up on his cheeks. you found it extremely cute.

"sure, thanks a lot, let's go then!"

-

the umbrella seems small, making both of your shoulders touching each other's.

"how is minseong doing nowadays?" he asked. "he's taking drawing classes these days, he even made a portrait of my dad," you chuckled, remembering how the portrait looks like.

she looks so cute talking about her brother

the two of you continued to talk, without knowing taehun actually slowed down his steps so that he could spend more time talking with you.

i hate the rain, but today has gotten a little better because of her, i don't mind if my left shoulder is wet

-

"uhm I'm pretty sure that i saw a pretty cafe the other day, where is it again?" he said while looking around the street. "never mind, i can't remember it," he gave up finding that cafe.

"we can go there together next time if you remember where is it," you smiled at him.

I feel like my heart will stop if she keep smiling like that

"sure, we can bring minseong there too if you want," he added. "you sure like minseong a lot huh?" you said.

"i like you the most though," he mumbled.

"did you said something?" you asked, looking at him.

"nothing," he replied.

-

the two of you have reached your house, standing at the doorstep of your house.

"thanks for taking me home, taehun. sorry for taking your time though," you said. "it's alright, i had fun talking to you," he smiled.

my heart can't take it when he's smiling at me like that

"i have something to confess," he added.

come on you can do it, just tell her that you like her

you stared at him, wondering what is he going to confess.

"i l-like you a lot, i know this is sudden but before you reject me, i just want to say that you're really pretty, not just pretty of course, you're kind to everyone-" he continued to talk in a speed that you couldn't catch up.

you couldn't take it anymore and just held his hand and said, "hey hey, slow down, who says that i'm rejecting you."

"you're not rejecting me?" he looked dumbfounded by your words.

"why should i reject someone that i have a crush on," you looked straight to his eyes.

he stared at you, blinking his eyes in disbelief.

"i like you too, dummy, do you get it now?" laughing at his reaction.

he straight away smiled and hugged you.

"i can't believe this!" spinning you around. he put you down and asked, "so, am i your boyfriend now?" swinging both of your hands while smiling at you in an endearing way.

you pecked his left cheek and answered, "does that give you my answer?"

he blushed when he realized that you actually pecked him on the cheek

maybe the rain is not that bad after all

p.s, the boys celebrated together after hearing his good news and ate the fried chickens that taehun bought back.

-

inspired by nct 127's "love song"
vote if you like it <3

🎵 wait for you by plave