*17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

You felt your cheek becoming warm under George's touch. His eyes were shining with a mix of fear and relief the same time, your eyes started to tear up. You took a look around, saw Harry looking. Harry, you had forgot for a moment about the betrayal you felt you had done him. How could you have hesitated. George snapped his head in Harry's direction and without a minute, pulled you down the stairs of the boy's dorm. Nobody was around, the faint light in the common room covered you both at the end of this staircase. Surely people would arrive soon where you two stood, maybe it explained the hurry in which George was. He was looking all around him, checking nobody would saw both of you but the rambling started to come down and would be here in a minute or less.

Maybe the shock made you stay, maybe you just wanted to stay. Maybe the shock had alternate your brain and you were not realising that it was George Weasley before you.

No, you knew, but you wanted him to be here.

Despite his hurry, George softly pulled you in a corner of the common room, hidden behind a bookshelf.

You let out the tears. The tears of frustration, and anger. Why did you stoped, why did you hesitated. You were a coward. And you couldn't face Harry anymore.

'Stop the rambling.' Said George.

You looked up to his eyes. His words came hard to you, what were you supposed to do ? Not to cry ? The boy huffed and ran a hand in his hair. His eyes fell on you, not in soft way, he looked at you as if he was fighting something inside of him. The tears continued to ran your cheeks, he was detailing them for a second. He looked pissed, George looked pissed, and you felt miserable knowing you had show him your tears and vulnerability.

'I hate to see you cry.'

George's words hovered around the both of you for a second. He did not gave you the time to process them for he spoke right away. You began to hear the rumbling of steps coming downstairs, ut you could only see him; You hated him, hated his confusing being, he confused you.

'Do you know how scared anyone would have been ? It wasn't a simple intruder, it was Sirius Black !And he is your Boggart ! Nobody would have risked their life, nobody, even the bravest.'

'It's not what happened Weasley.' You said furrowing your brows. 'Don't you dare think you know me ! Because you do not. I wasn't scared, I-...' taking a deep breath, you eyes pierced George's soul. 'I hesitated. I hesitated. I am a terrible, terrible person. Who would...have pity for a murderer. The sadness in his eyes. If you had seen it. How can I pity a murderer George ?'

George's body had a sudden spasm, at the mention of his name in your mouth. But he rapidly took a hold of himself. You looked away, feeling ashamed to have revealed this terrible incident. As soon as you turn your head George moved his hand behind your head and pressed it gently on his chest. You crumbled inside his embrace. Against his warm chest.

He had nothing to say to you. No answer. He was confused and yet all he could think about was that you were safe.

'All that matters is that he didn't kill you.'

'You wished he did.' You said snoring.

'Right. Because I wouldn't have been here, worrying for you anymore.'

A silence fell, broke by the voices of students who cam rushing in the common room. At the same time Professor McGonagall bursted in the room in her old-fashioned nightdress. Now that was an unusual way of seeing McGonagall, it wasn't every day you saw her without a tight, very tight, bun, all finely dressed and severe. At least her gaze stayed the same, her strict eyes fell on George and you. For a second she seemed disturbed as if she had seen a muggle in the castle. George and you looked at each other, and realized. You took a step back, blushing, but he couldn't see in the dark, you wished he couldn't see in the dark. George's lips moved into a smirk, a cocky, haughty, flirty smirk. But he seemed embarrassed too.