*2

CHAPTER TWO

*

    You arrived at Hogsmeade Station later than usual and particularly annoyed ; still you wondered why the train had stopped brutally and why the lights had been cut off at one point. That never happened and it was very confusing and alarming. Especially since, you had read in the Daily Prophet that the very dangerous mass murderer, Sirius Black, had vanished from his cell in Azkaban. Cedric had told you all about it, and it seemed that, hearing about a very dangerous dark wizard that was on the loose somewhere with Dementors searching all over the ground around the castle of Hogwarts, had relaxed you a bit about the twins.

   The train was now at stop and the students were flooding out from its doors, there was steam everywhere and a cold feeling in the air ; apparently the presence of the Dementors could be felt even here. You thought that after hearing Percy , who was near, talking with Penelope Clearwater about how a dementor broke into the train. Your blood curdled and a chill ran up your spine, you imagined the dark creature, though you had never seen it, sucking up your soul, just as Cedric told you. The dementors were patrolling outside the school, but the fact that they were here somewhere made you think about the real danger : Sirius Black. Was he seen near Hogwarts School ? Was it why they were dementors everywhere ? You thought about thoroughly, and for the first time in five years, the warming atmosphere of Hogwarts didn't seem near as warm as Snape.

*

   A couple of minutes later you had hoped on a carriage without looking at the students in it. Cedric was catching up with a couple of Hufflepuff and Angelina Johnson, one of your dearest friends was nowhere to be find. So you ended taking a random carriage, your head full of thoughts about the twins, the dementors, the dark wizard and all the amount work that McGonagall had gave you. It was your fifth year after all ! You were about to take your O.W.Ls at the end of the year. You were ready of course, at least more ready than a bunch of students, two in particular. The carriage moved down as you climbed in and sat at its end, and started to wriggle strangely when the students that had been in it, glided from the front to the back in little jumps. You raised your head with an eyebrow arched, ready to to throw a disdainsful look at the morons who made the carriage swayed like that, when you recognized the three faces that were beaming at you excitedly. A bushy haired girl, a ginger boy and a curly-haired boy with a scar shape like a lightening.

   'Ron ! Harry ! Hermione ! And- (Your smile dropped in a puzzled expression at a boy sat next to you) who are you ? ('Neville Longbottom !') Enchanted.' You said awkwardly.

   The boy reddened, as if he had done an incredible thing, and not knowing Neville you couldn't know that talking to you -or pretty much anyone- without stuttering on his name, was the biggest achievement ever made. Even Harry seemed a bit impressed. Looking at him, you noticed he was a bit pale and tired. You reached his knee and leaned over.

    'You okay, Harry ? You look a bit pale.' Though Harry blushed and escaped your eyes at your sudden contact, he still answered very sharply that 'yes' he was fine. His rough answer made you worried even more. You asked silently at Hermione and Ron with a puzzled face, what could had bloody happened ; but they looked uncomfortable to tell anything while Harry looked irritated. At last, Hermione reluctantly mouthed to you the words at your great surprise that "he fainted because we saw a Dementor".

   It was like a prohibited word, like a storm had blown your head off. You straightened yourself, removing your hand on Harry's knee which caused him to look at you finally while you widened your eyes.

   'YOU'RE JOKING ?'you shouted almost.

   Harry didn't seemed to want to talk about it and the atmosphere got even more awkward. The carriage continued to advance towards the castle, twitching and swaying at the uneven road, you all bounced a bit in your seats. A silent had fell unto you four. But you quickly tried and changed subjects by asking them about their summers. You first told them about your trip to Canada with your muggle parents. They listened to you carefully, all grinning and cheered up at last.When you finished your story you asked them about their summer, which had the effect of a raging storm. They all went at the same time. You understood nothing of their rumble .