*9

CHAPTER 9

The giant seaweed were moving like snakes around you, they were so long you couldn't see the sky. You were imprisoned in this lake, in this greenish dirty water, floating and alone. Your eyes were widened at where George had magically disappeared. Dumbstruck, you stood there for a minute before panic started to gain you. Madly looking everywhere you saw nothing where he had vanished. Where was he ? What happened ? Was he in danger ? Was he playing a trick ? No, George couldn't, he wasn't dumb enough to do that ? Part of you knew he could, but deep inside you, you knew he wouldn't mess with you right now. Your stomach gave a weird twist. You dived further in the darkness, at the bottom of the seaweed where George had been a minute ago. Bubble arose from where you were swimming to. The clock was ticking. The more seconds passed, the more you grew scared. What if he was dead. Your heart pounded, your movement were desperate, desperate to find him, to save him.

The worst scenarios crossed your mind. But after seconds that felt like hours to you, you saw something moving at the bottom of the lake, on its ground. Twitching and fighting, George was struggling in the grip of six Grindylows. Four were holding his legs and arms, while two were holding his head. They were trying to drown him. You gave a face of horror and the scream that escaped your throat popped as bubble in the water. But the terrible vision underneath triggered a spark in you. Adrenaline rushed in your vein, you wanted to kill those bloody demons.

Your wand rose in with your arm and you strongly lowered it toward the little creatures.

'Relashio !'

To your horror, the only sound that came from your mouth was a rumble of bubble, nothing came out of your wand. George wasn't looking at you, he did not saw you, his face contorted by pain and anger. A grindylow bit him at the ankle, he howled and tried to knock the demon off of his ankle but its teeth was deep in his limb. Without thinking, seeing him being tortured like that, you acted quickly. In two breaststroke you arrived behind one of the sea demon and kicked him strongly. It stopped bitting George and released his leg a bit stunned but as soon three more Grindylows came grabbing his other limbs. You attempted an other jinx, this time you shouted the spell. You aimed at his other leg since one was free.

'RELASHIO !'

A shot of light came from the tip of your wand, knocking out some of the Grindylows. You repeated the same action multiple times, until George was freed from his attackers. You had not time to be relieved because you heard the distant rumbling of dozens of little demons. As quick as you could you dived towards George, he looked at you with panic and surprise. Blood was flowing from his ankles, you widened your eyes but he reached his hand to your shoulder. His face contorted by pain wanted to reassure you, but it only increased your concern for him. You did not waste ta second. You had to go back to the surface, the bubble head charm wasn't infinite and the ginger boy was injured.

You pointed at the surface but George disagreed, raising the cage to your sight. Yo had forgot about the task, this damn task. You cursed and looked around. The seaweed were moving crazily next to you, they were coming. C'mon Y/n, you're smart, the top student, get a hold of yourself and act ! The most obvious plan was that : one should be the lure while the other captured a Grindylow. It was the only way. George was already injured, you decided to be the bait. You made a sign towards the rumble, then the cage, surprisingly it was as if George had totally understand you. Maybe you were more on the same line than you thought.

However he grabbed your hand and slammed the brass hold of the cage in your palm, confidently he was intending that he should be the bait. But no. You couldn't let him be the lure, he didn't stood a chance against them and he was injured. There was another reason you didn't wanted him to be in danger, but you couldn't put your finger on it, or more, you pushed back the thought. You shook your head to him, he frowned. You were arguing in silence, it was quite ridiculous considering the group of demons which was closing the distance towards you.