45. Alone and walking

_______________

Sometimes, we hide ourselves so we won't be able to feel pain but pain ends up finding us in our hiding place.
____________________________________

Welcome to yet another chapter, you people. And don't be scared about my frequent updating. I'm just sacrificing my sleep since I won't be in school tomorrow.

The song for this Chapter is ‘When the Party's Over’ by Billie Eilish. Enjoy ✨

KAMBILI'S POV

Alone.

The feeling I dreaded so much, yet surprisingly I had gotten used to it. This was always my fate every holidays whenever my cousins were away and Marie was out on one of her numerous dates.

I'd have no one to talk to and I'll just stay up in my room and wait for my mom to be less busy so we could facetime. My friends would have lots of things to do during holidays so I never bothered to call any one of them.

It was the cycle, every single year.

But maybe this year, it was a little bit different.

I wasn't on a vacation, I had two different parents, Marie wasn't with me anymore and life felt different. I mean, no matter how long Marie stayed out, I knew that she was always going to come back home and tell me about all her date with too many details.

But there was no Marie to come back home, except maids who knew nothing about me except that they were meant to serve me.

It had been three days since the damned Christmas party and for others, it created beautiful new beginnings but for a few others like me, it created new beginnings filled with sadness.

I had never expected David to bring her to the party and worse of all, Jason ran after her like a Love sick puppy which crushed the broken pieces of my heart into fine dust.

Maybe I tried to suppress all the pain I was feeling by getting drunk but I may have told Zephan that I loved him with curls on his hair and that if I was given the opportunity, I'd kiss him a million times.

I tried to kiss him and I remember him refusing to kiss me. I got angry and in the process, I'd pushed the girl I saw him with and I pray that I never see that girl again because I don't know how I'll be able to face her.

Diane and Denise made me believe that I had done all those stupid stuff when I was drunk because I liked Zephan but I was too obsessed with Jason to even realize that and after some minutes, they went back to their home because their parents had come back for Christmas.

But there was no hope that my parents were going to make it for the new year.

Or not.

Maybe I was too deep in thoughts or it was the loud music coming from my earphones, but I didn't realize that my Mom had been in my room for more than ten minutes until I felt my bed dip.

When I turned to look at her, I didn't just know how to react. I was too tired to jump on her and scream or even force any reaction at all. I just let her scoop me in her arms like she had always done whenever she came back from the trip as I forced a smile on my face.