9. Birthdays and Sweet Sixteens

•••~~~~~~~~~~
We are at the cusp of bright new things, let's get out there and show the world what we've got
~~~~~~~~~~•••

Guys, I apologize for not updating Last week. I had to prepare for School and I didnt want to rush any chapter.

The song for this Chapter is ‘DIANA BY FIREBOY DML AND CHRIS BROWN FT SHENSEEA ’

That's my best song from Fireboy's album guys and its too nice.

Without further Ado, let's dive right in

KAM'S POV

I woke up to the sound of Happy Birthday from my Family—Diane, Denise and Divine.

Diane, Denise and Divine were my cousins but they were like the siblings I never had. Their parents were never around and their Mom hated Maids and Nannies so they always crashed at our place whenever their parents were not around.

My phone had too many notifications and I knew all were about my birthday.

I had many missed calls and messages but I didn't care. It was all fake love.

One of my phones vibrated from my side and I glanced at the name of the caller. It was Crush 4 Ever.

"Hello Jay, you good" I asked him with a smile on my face. 

I had saved Jason's number as ‘Crush 4 ever’ years ago so I'll know whenever he call or texts and he has never called me or texted me for years. I was always the one giving him Phone calls.

"Happy birthday Babe" he said as his voice came out calm yet very husky.

If he was a recording Artiste, I'll listen to his songs all day long.

"Awwwnnn, Jay you remembered my birthday" I squealed like a two year old and everyone's eyes were on me.

"Thank you so much and also" I started as I took in a deep breath "Stop calling me babe. Let Ini not catch you oo" I joked as I chuckled a bit and Diane rolled her eyes and continued typing on one of my phones.

"We broke up last week. It wasn't really noticeable because the next day she had an impromptu shoot" Jay said as a smile crept its way up to my lips. 

I felt really happy at his words. If he was single, then I had a chance but what was I thinking, Jay would never see me as more than a friend.

"Oh really. I'm so sorry" I apologized as he let out a small chuckle

"Its not your fault Kam" he replied as I giggled.

Did I ever say I was over this crush, I lied.

"One more thing, please come for my 16th. I'm looking forward to seeing you there" I Demanded with a smile on my face

"Oya na, see you when I see you" Jay replied as I hung up and glanced at Mr and Mrs Andrews. They were both dressed like they had a business trip or something.

"Baby girl, we have to travel to China now. We'll be back next week and about the Party" he paused and Diane geld her breath for a minute "I'm giving you a go ahead" Dad said as he pecked my cheeks as Diane released a shaky breath.