26. Conversations and Food

____•••

Lonely days birth Lonely people
•••____

So guys, this is the second part of the Collab with Moroti. I wouldn't want to say much so let's dive right in.

The song for this Chapter is ‘These Days’ by Tems.

Thank you guys for all the birthday wishes yesterday. I really appreciate

KAM'S POV

2:55pm

I had been sitting down in the Cafeteriá since 2:30 pm just because I didn't want to keep her waiting for me.

You wouldn't consider me as an online reader but one day, I found the book and immediately I read just one chapter, I fell in love.

I never knew that I would meet her today. I never even thought that I would meet the writer and here I am, sitting in a restaurant, waiting for her to arrive.

Isn't God wonderful?

With the way my life had been going smoothly, I wouldn't be surprised if I might bump into Omah lay here in the Cafeteriá and he would wrap his hands around me and we would get married immediately and then, he'll sing me to sleep every night.

If wishes were horses, the beggars would ride, isn't it?

"You're here already?" A voice asked as I turned back immediately to see Chloe Babajide standing with a very cute baby in her arms.

The baby girl looked so cute that I felt like stealing her and keeping her for myself alone.

I was having baby fever. I badly wanted a baby, a girl. I wanted a beautiful baby so badly, but God forbid I get pregnant at Sixteen.

God forbid History repeats itself!

"She's so cute!" I cooed, walking closer to Chloe's side.

The baby girl smiled and batted her long eyelashes at me. She was too beautiful and she wasn't even trying.

I could bet on my Trustfund that this girl would have a lot of boys crushing on her when she grows up.

"Yeah. She's my niece and my sister isn't available so I have to babysit Serenity," she said with a small smile on her face.

"It's fine. I love your niece so very much!" I replied as the little girl giggled, showing off her not yet fully grown tooth.

"Okay, so let me get something for us both-"

"Don't worry. I've already ordered food online and it will soon get delivered. I didn't like what they served at the Cafeteriá," I replied, cutting her speech shut as she nodded her head.

"So how are you, Kambili?" She asked.

I haven't been asked this question in a very long while. This question seemed like an everyday word but it had a deeper meaning than surface level.