23. Accidents and Scars

——★★★
Scars are reminders of Bleeding wounds and hurting hearts
★★★——

New update! E shock you?! E shock me too?!

*UNEDITED

The song for this chapter is ‘In Between’ by Ayra Starr. I've been listening to her a whole lot lately and you should too.

Enjoy ✨🕊️

DAMI'S POV

Accident

That was all that rang in my brain right now. Darasimi had an accident.

It was all my fault. If I had driven her to that location or even made her stay at home, this wouldn't have happened.

I was currently at Andrews Hive hospital waiting for my parents to arrive.

"Damilola," Mrs Andrews called  as she sat down on the stool beside me. "What's wrong?" she asked with concern written all over her face.

Mrs Andrews was Kambili's foster mother and she was friends with my mom.

"Darasimi. She was rushed in here few minutes ago," I sighed as I sucked in a deep breath "She had an accident." I added as she patted my back and stood up from the stool. 

"Hold on a bit, let me see the doctor in charge," she replied as I nodded my head continuously.

If anything happened to Dara, I would never forgive myself.

KAM'S POV

"The competition is coming up soon. You'll have to be back before that time," Jason uttered as I rolled my eyes.

"I know but..." I started as he cut me short before I could even form a sentence.

"No buts. We've been selected to represent our school in more than 4 competitions. This could help build your portfolio and make it more attractive for Universities," he replied as I took in a deep breath.

"I am just in Ss2 Jason." I started as I poured milk into my pancake batter.

"And it's not too early to start preparing for the future!" He replied with a tone of finality as I rolled my eyes.

"But I want to start a new life. There are good school's in Lagos too," I replied as he hissed.

"Starting a new life is not easy and please remember, we all love and care about you." he replied as a smile involuntarily found it's way to my lips.

Jason and I magically became closer to each other after the phone call. He would always call or text to check up on me and would beg me to come back. 

"I want to come back but Mrs Nnanna," I trailed off and I tapped my fingers on my thigh.

"At the expense of your Education and building a good portfolio?!" He asked which sounded more like an exclamation.

"Jason, she's my mom!" I stated as I took a sip of my bottle water.

"You can always visit her during holidays. Please nah," he begged as I rolled my eyes.