37. Broken people have scarred hearts.

†††--------------------

Scars are physical reminders of wounded hearts and feelings.

--------------------†††

First of all, I want to thank you all for 2,000 reads. Thank you.

The song for this chapter is a song from my Husband's Deluxe album.

reason’ by Omah Lay.

Enjoy ✨

KAM'S POV

If anyone told me that I would ever sit down in an examination and not know what to write, I'd land them a very dirty slap on their face for their stupid vision but this was my reality.

I had stared at the exam questions too much that I feared I could recite the questions word for word without looking.

But it would've been good if I knew the answers word for word, abi?

And I didn't. I just wasted my parents school fees this term, no capping.

Looking at my friends writing on their questions papers made my frustration worse. I mean, we were meant to be in this together, bah?

Physics, you do this one.

Our wicked Invigilator had put me away from all my friends. It would be so impossible to reach out to any of them.

I had stared at Miranda, hoping she would feel someone staring holes into her back like all those cliché movies and books say, yet nothing.

I already knew my results and I really didn't stress it.

F9.

"Dami," I whispered, looking at his work with a side eye to find out if there was a way I could see what he was writing.

But the idiot, acted like he didn't hear me and continued what he was doing.

I need new friends!

"Damilola," I called out again, hoping he would respond or even make his exam questions visible bit he didn't.

Omo.

"Damilola!" I whisper-yelled with anger and frustration evident in my tone and it attracted the attention of our Invigilator.

"Why are you calling him?" Mr Owen, our Invigilator questioned. Dami turned back and looked at me but I couldn't whisper anything to him because of the presence of the invigilator.

"I-i needed-"

"She needs calculator, Abi?" Jason said, stretching out his calculator towards my direction.

"Then what happened to the one on your table?" He asked which made me roll my eyes.

"I don't know. It got spoilt today sir." I lied as I collected the calculator from Jason and dropped it on my locker.