40C. Conversations, Flirting and Cryptic Texts

-----------«»-----------
Humans are obsessed with escapism - through movies, books, music, art, daydreams. Our souls really weren't made for this world.

-----------«»-----------

School resumes on Monday and I might not have time for you all here. I'm entering an exam class and I need to be serious, but I didn't want to leave you guys hanging so I wrote this chapter, although in a rush but yeah, it's something.

And I feel like I have writer's block again and this time it's worse. I have the idea in my head but I don't know how to put it down. God help me sha but I'll overcome it.

The song for this Chapter is ‘DTF’ by Ckay.

Enjoy✨

"We meet again, Amber rose," I said, removing the cigarette from my lips.

She looked nothing like herself today. She wore a dark hoodie and a pair Joggers. She didn't wear any of her piercings today and if my sight was hazy, I would have mistaken her for a guy.

(This was how Amber Rose looked)

"My name is Aishat and not Amber Rose." She corrected.

"You look different but you still look beautiful nonetheless." I complimented her, taking a drag from the cigarette.

"I look like this most of the time and it's cold so I had to wear something comfy." She replied as she came towards my side and sat close to me near the pool.

There was silence between us, except from the little sounds I made when I dusted the ash on the table because I didn't have an ash tray.

"Thank you for coming to my sister's birthday party. I appreciate it." I told her, dusting the ash that fell on my joggers away.

"Well, I didn't actually know it was your sister's birthday party to begin with. A friend of mine dragged me here but it feels like she has ditched me." She replied as she let out a small yawn.

"You seem tired. Maybe you should go home." I pointed out.

She shrugged it off with a weak smile and said, "I'm not tired believe me and I don't want to go home."

And there existed another silence between both of us, except the sounds of music coming from inside the house. I was about to say something again to break the silence when my phone vibrated in my pockets.

"Hello Mom," I said as I picked up the call. I wasn't in the mood to talk to her, especially after everything I heard even though I picked up her call.